• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone check out fernandes vortex?

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vort...tex-elite.html

specifically the elite??

i really am diggin the snow white

looks like a extremely cool V

I have actually wanted one of these for a while. I want an Elite but the color I would want is only available in the cheaper model.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

im thinking i want a white one, its a cool V, 24 frets, good access shred type guitar without being an alexi fanboi

too bad noone locally carries them

Comment

I liked the original neck-thru Vortex Elite. Here's a scan of the 2001 catalog I have. When did they change the headstock to 6-inline? I know they went to bolt-ons for awhile and then now back to neck-thru.
        The catalog shows the 2+4 headstock, and notice in the bottom, left corner, Juan Garcia from Agent Steel has one with a 4+2 headstock.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had thought they discontinued them entirely for a while.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I'd love to get one of those. I thought they were alder, (the one with the urban camo finish). Either way I'd totally get one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
              I'd love to get one of those. I thought they were alder, (the one with the urban camo finish). Either way I'd totally get one of those.

yeah i think i remember reading the urban camo is alder with a rock maple neck,

but on the site there listed as mahogany, which would be cool with me anyway, mahogany is pretty dark and would offer contrast to my alder or poplar guitars

either way there cool

been wanting a KV or RR for a long while, think i might go this route instead
              Last edited by gmbob22; 04-01-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Does this ever end? I just bought a guitar a few days ago... Then I click on that link, see that camo V and get GAS again! Nice guitar.
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                  I had thought they discontinued them entirely for a while.
                  They might have. I kinda wanted one awhile back, but I don't really care for that new inline headstock too much. Plus I'm not much of a V guy any more besides the Rhoads.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X