Where to find Warlock Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Warlock Neck?

Due to an unfortunate accident the Headstock on my BC Rich snapped off.I have looked everywhere but cant seem to find a replacement neck for it.The only one I saw on ebay was left handed.It's a M7 Warlock Signature Special w/ a widow headstock.Ideas anyone?Outside of having Warmoth build me one are there an other options?
    BLS/SDMF

Right above my torso!!
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

If you're looking at any warlock neck, not just the "HATE" one, look at this - http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Warlock-...item414e254c7b
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

why not have the broken neck fixed?

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

JMO, but Widow headstocks belong on Widow BCR guitars. See if you can find a neck with pointed 6-in-line or reversed headstock. It'll look much better.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            JMO, but Widow headstocks belong on Widow BCR guitars. See if you can find a neck with pointed 6-in-line or reversed headstock. It'll look much better.

Yeah if you look carefully it looks like someone traced his nutsack on the top of the headstock to give it that look. Ever since someone told me that, i can't take them seriously anymore. I used to love the headstock on mine too :P

Comment

That's where the widow h/s got the term "nutsack" from. I don't like 3x3 style headstocks full stop anyway.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If it broke at the scarf joint just have it glued back should be fine then.
                So If I read that right yours IS a 7 string?I know a guy that has some BCR necks and he may have a few of those.He's only open on Sat and Sun tho'.I need to check in with him anyway so I can look for you.Let me know.This guy has tons of BCR stuff and was the first BCR dealer east of the Mississippi river back in the day.
                Does yours have the Hate marker?
                Pics of the break would be a big help.
                Last edited by straycat; 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  If it broke at the scarf joint just have it glued back should be fine then.
                  So If I read that right yours IS a 7 string?I know a guy that has some BCR necks and he may have a few of those.He's only open on Sat and Sun tho'.I need to check in with him anyway so I can look for you.Let me know.This guy has tons of BCR stuff and was the first BCR dealer east of the Mississippi river back in the day.
                  Does yours have the Hate marker?
                  Pics of the break would be a big help.
                  It did break on the scarf joint,only thing is about 3 inches down from that the fretboard cracked because the trussrod.I'll see if I can get it repaired otherwise I'll just keep looking for a new neck.

Also it's not a 7 string,It's the Mick 7 Signature Special 6 string.
                  I can't find the charger for my camera so pics will have to wait.Hopefully I'll have the problem solved soon.
                  BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
                    Yeah if you look carefully it looks like someone traced his nutsack on the top of the headstock to give it that look. Ever since someone told me that, i can't take them seriously anymore. I used to love the headstock on mine too :P

You do have a point.I never looked at it that way,at least if you hit someone with it you can say that you nut-smaked em'.Or the infamous teabag.
                    BLS/SDMF

Comment

OK I'll go to see him Sat and see if he has a neck.
                      IIRC he has quite a few nut sac necks.Would a reg neck be OK as well (nut sac of course)
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by BallooTheBear View Post
                        You do have a point.I never looked at it that way,at least if you hit someone with it you can say that you nut-smaked em'.Or the infamous teabag.
                        Or when you're taking a break from fucking or playing music, you can rest your sack on it. It's a personalized make-up room for two number 1's :P lol My friend has the exact same guitar. On paper it's rubbish, but again BC Rich has a good talent of making something cheap feel like it's worth more. I was astonished at the build quality, tone and style. I have a few pairs of BDSM pick-ups and they are definitely worth keeping. I just think the hate inlay is dumb, but other than that, i love that it doesn't have the beveled contour and has a nice body binding (though i think it might just be paint)

Btw for those who aren't getting it, this is what he has!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          OK I'll go to see him Sat and see if he has a neck.
                          IIRC he has quite a few nut sac necks.Would a reg neck be OK as well (nut sac of course)
                          I wouldn't be opposed to putting the nutsac back on but see if he has a in-line reverse headstock also.Let me know.I appreciate it.

It would be even better to find the original.I'm not really a huge fan of the hate on the twelth but I love that there are no other fret markers.
                          BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post

shouldn't one of those be lower then the other...

err maybe that's just me
                            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                              shouldn't one of those be lower then the other...

err maybe that's just me

:ROTF: Your not the only one
                              BLS/SDMF

Comment

Working...
                              X