MIM Standard Strat Color Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIM Standard Strat Color Question

Anyone know if MIM standard strats ever came in Midnight Purple? I might be able to get a deal on one tomorrow, but I haven't been able to find any reference to this color except on the Jeff Beck model strat and on Squier strats (big difference between the two). I know it's a long shot but I thought someone on the JCF might know.

TIA

Yeah they did. I think I remember seeing a mexican Reissue Strat, the 62 model which came in a dark purple colour.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Edit, never mind the picture I had turned out to be of a us model
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
        Yeah they did. I think I remember seeing a mexican Reissue Strat, the 62 model which came in a dark purple colour.
        Thanks--and that was fast! It's like you responded the second I posted...lol.

It's not a current offering but I know these color options come and go.

I just noticed the pic--that's it.
        Last edited by Trussrod; 02-16-2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I remember seeing some purple one on ebay selling kinda cheap like 300-400 range, so I didn't think they were USAs, but I could be wrong.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I have a metallic purple (indigo?) MIM Strat. It's a 96 that I bought in 1998 from Mars. I never play it because I hate the vintage fretboard (radius and frets). Originally I bought a rosewood board becuase the sales person told me they didn't come in maple. A week later there was a maple on in the same exact color. I swapped axes, but I had to hold back from using the axe as an axe on his head (anyone see Zombieland?).

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I have a metallic purple (indigo?) MIM Strat. It's a 96 that I bought in 1998 from Mars. I never play it because I hate the vintage fretboard (radius and frets). Originally I bought a rosewood board becuase the sales person told me they didn't come in maple. A week later there was a maple on in the same exact color. I swapped axes, but I had to hold back from using the axe as an axe on his head (anyone see Zombieland?).
              Any way you could post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                Any way you could post a pic?
                I'll see what I can do. I got really bummed out a year back when my ISP cleared all online hosting data.

And then they try to sell me 25GB online backup. WTF? They should have been using backups themselves.

But yes, I need to take a lot of pictures of all my axes, if anything just for insurance purposes.

Comment

Working...
                X