Erm, new bass day? :lol:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm, new bass day? :lol:

A little while ago, my moms friend decided to give me her old bass guitar. She didn't know anything about it, and it was in very bad condition. Here's the bass in all it's misery:

Missing the nut:

And frets flatter than an open, week old beer:

I don't have a picture of it, but the back plate says Made In Japan, but I'm pretty sure she, (the old owner of the bass), bought and put this together as a mutt.

To make this thing functional, all I really see needed done is a new nut, and the action would probably need adjustment. New frets would be needed eventually, but until then, I have a kind of functional bass...

Yuck, do the world a favor, and throw that thing in the fireplace,garbage,etc.
    Last edited by jacksonaxes; 02-07-2010, 05:13 PM.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
      Yuck, do the world a favor, and throw that thing in the fireplace,garbage,etc.

It's free, that's all I care about.

Comment

Fuck that, fix it up! Theres a fun project right there

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
          Fuck that, fix it up! Theres a fun project right there
          Exactly, all it needs to be played is a new nut, and an adjustment, but to make it good needs a refret as well. Probably even new pots, but idk.

Everything plastic is cracking on it I don't know what the hell is happening to the paint, maybe a plywood body and the paint's just chipping off?

Comment

Working...
          X