Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
    http://nealmoser.com/store/gallery/m...g2_itemId=4175

Interesting that he's made a mummy graphic guitar hope he had Kirks permsision first, as he wont even let ESP make them...thats copyright infringment no?
    What's Kirk got to do with it? The Mummy was a movie from 1932, and the movie studio (or Boris Karloff's estate) or whoever, has to give whatever rights to use that graphic. Kirk and ESP also had to get permission to use it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
      http://nealmoser.com/store/gallery/m...g2_itemId=4175

Interesting that he's made a mummy graphic guitar hope he had Kirks permsision first, as he wont even let ESP make them...thats copyright infringment no?

I also hope he had Fenders permission to do the Tele shape and BCR's to make a Bich copy...

He also has a Virgin copy but I think it's just diofferent enough...
      Ha ha ha,are you serious? or just need some history?

The Mummy Graphic,wouldn't need ESP or Kirk's permission,perhaps Universal Studio's permission,they made the film

The Telecaster shape has long been public domain,although try and exactly copy a Fender headstock,and LOOKOUT!!

The Virgin,Neal Moser designed the Virgin,so he spun is own design

The Bich,Neal Moser designed the B.C.Rich Bich,and has an agreement with the owners of BCR,to allow him to build 100 handmades a Year,he also has permission to build 10 Seagulls and Seagull II's a year

Hope that helps
      http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

I can't remember the duration of copyrights in the states, but I'd think that if it's that old, they've expired.

EDIT: Not necessarily, if they guy who designed the thing lived a long life
        Last edited by javert; 02-12-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Looks like this one is dying down so.......

as for maybe Ran doesn't "copy" any more.....

A year ago I sent Ran specs for a clone of my 1985 Ibanez Phil Collen Destroyer (DT-555), and spec'd only four changes from stock...

One, obviously no Ibanez logo, second I wanted Mahogany/Mahogany, third I wanted Dimarzios, and fourth I wanted a Gold Floyd..a real one. otherwise I wanted a DUPLICATE from one end to the other and I made that very clear....

Within 24 hours I had a price....$3K. I think they'll still do it if you cough up the ol' $$$$$$ or (damn, no symbol for Euros on my keyboard) .....other acceptable currency.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

So, they only changed their website to look like they only do their own stuff... I guess the risk of being caught this way is very low. Very cynical of them.

$3k, eh? That's quite a lot of money--I didn't really have a clue for their price range.

BTW, I can't find the EURO symbol on my keyboard either--we have certain exemptions from the European union, including the monetary part, which appears to also hold for keyboards
            Last edited by javert; 02-15-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
              if you cough up the ol' $$$$$$ or (damn, no symbol for Euros on my keyboard) .....other acceptable currency.
              Originally posted by javert View Post
              BTW, I can't find the EURO symbol on my keyboard either--we have certain exemptions from the European union, including the monetary part, which appears to also hold for keyboards

Euro symbol is (ALT key) 0128

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Indeed it is!

Comment

Working...
                X