New toy!! Looky looky!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy!! Looky looky!!

So I bought this off an ex-bandmate of mine. Dont know if youll believe me but it used to belong to ex-SOiL guitarist Shaun Glass(I was always a big SOiL fan so Im real proud to own it). Shaun was a friend of the family when they all lived in Chicago. Anyway, heres pics:

Also, anyone have any idea whos sig that is on the back??
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

I beleive you... but who's SOiL?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

It does have some issues, like the OFR saddle on a Kahler bridge, but the flame mable top on it is actually like 3\4 in. thick, not veneer.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        I beleive you... but who's SOiL?
        SOiL was a band that started in chicago earlier in the decade. Theyre really only "hit" if you could call it that was "Halo" which was popular enough to get them on the Ozzfest tour in 2002. Their label dropped them a few years later due to poor sales. Shauns in a band called Dirge now. Ive had SOiLs first cd since my 17th bday(same copy even) and its still enjoyable to listen to it. Its a shame they lasted only a short time. There is a SOiL wikipedia entry if you want to check it out.
        Last edited by Twitch; 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Love the no-inlays.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I do too. I like either extravegant inlays, sharkies or no inlays at all. I HATE dots!!

Comment

Can't go wrong with ebony and no inlays! I didn't realize Soil was from Chicago.
              Soil has a bunch of good tunes.

Comment

The body reliefs in the upper and lower horns remind me of Rand. That blank ebony board is pretty nice as well. Not to familiar with Axtra, any history on them?

Comment

That's a nice one.. Like the looks of it.
                  Gear currently owned:

Ibanez RG3120TW '02, Ibanez Roadstar 440P, Samick valley arts custom pro bass, Charvel model 5
                  Line 6 Pod x3 live, diy Madamp M15mk1

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                    The body reliefs in the upper and lower horns remind me of Rand. That blank ebony board is pretty nice as well. Not to familiar with Axtra, any history on them?
                    Axtra is a custom guitar shop in wisconsin(goddamn it my spelling sucks today). Supposedly they make small runs of "production" guitars too but have never seen one that I know of. www.axtraguitars.com Not the greatest site in the world but it gets the job done I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      Can't go wrong with ebony and no inlays! I didn't realize Soil was from Chicago.
                      Soil has a bunch of good tunes.
                      Yes, yes they do. I love every song on "scars".

Comment

I dont know the full history of the guitar itself(I seriously doubt Shaun had it built he probly picked up at a pawn shop for all I know) Considering the 3\4 flame mable top the ebony fret board and the fact that its a one off custom build I doubt he had the money to have it built personally. It had been left with ex-bandmates ex-sister in law a year or 2 before SOiL became "big" and was givin to bandmates son on his 17th bday and he hated the thing so Ive been pestering him to sell it for like almost 2 years now. He finally dropped the price into my range so I snapped it up.

Comment

I like it. Looks like it has good upper fret access.
                          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

that looks pretty cool. Something about it reminds me of another guitar but I can't put my finger on it....
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I think they're still around with preta different singer aren't they? I really liked the singer they had then. I heard he's in drowning pool now?

Sweet guitar I really dig the horn scallops... and headstock design. heh
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X