No announcement yet.

New Retro Schenker Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks bad compared to Michael's old V's. The sound is also not comparable, on the new MSG cd's done with Deans the tone is muddy and dark. The old Scorps/UFO/MSG V tone kills. Oh and that headstock just sucks IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
      Leo Fender himself tried to patent the Strat shape, didn't he? Like last year and lost or something? :confused:
      FMIC, the corporate parent of Fender (and Jackson/Charvel) tried to assert legal rights to the Strat and other classic body shapes last year. And, previously, Gibson sued PRS claiming their SC body style infringed on their Les Paul body legal rights. Both FMIC and Gibby lost big time.

Comment

Someone should cut the headstock off of a Dean, slap some pickups and a bridge on it, and bolt a neck onto it.

Yes, they really are that big.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
          Leo's been dead for years.

That guitar looks stubby as hell.

sully
          Oh...
          Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          FMIC, the corporate parent of Fender (and Jackson/Charvel) tried to assert legal rights to the Strat and other classic body shapes last year. And, previously, Gibson sued PRS claiming their SC body style infringed on their Les Paul body legal rights. Both FMIC and Gibby lost big time.
          Ah that was it, dunno where I got Leo from :think:

Comment

That paint job nd body shape just give me an instant boner. I prefer the original Gibby headstock, but man that is still cool 25 years after I first saw it.
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              whaddaya play chess on dat fuggin ding?
              othello lol
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

I kinda dig this..
                Gibby and Fender own patent/copyright over their headstock designs.. they've been denied rights over the body shapes.
                IIRC, laws states that as long as there is a 15% change in either design, fuction or cosmetics; you're good to go in being "inspired" by another's design/idea or concept.
                hence the lawsuits against Nady and Behringer when they put out gear that is exact dupes with no change other than the logo.
                Behringer's gotten into it with a bunch of companies and seems to constantly piss the folks at Mackie off.. Nady got caught with their exact dupes of the Radial/Tonebone series of pedals.
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author
                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post

Anyway...Looks nice except for the fugly headstock.
                  I agree. This could be said for a lot of Dean guitars, as far as I'm concerned. Nice guitars... Just fugly in the headstock area.

Comment

Apparently he's using his old Gibson's on the new Scorpions album.

Comment

Working...
                    X