NGD: Blues Saraceno sig model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Blues Saraceno sig model

Picked up this oddball today. It's a Samick TV Twenty. From what I can tell, the finish may be called Fudgecicle.

Made in Korea. It's a bit of a basketcase, with dodgy wiring that occasionally cuts out, a couple of sizeable dings down to the wood (including a big chip in the neck finish) and a couple of splits in the headstock that will require repair but which seem stable enough for now. But it plays well and sounds pretty good. Plus it has brown dots that match the finish! I like it. Not bad for $90

here's a crappy phone pic for ya!

Hail yesterday

When did they make those? Almost looks Wolfgangish or like Mortons Dominion. Looks like a nice score for $90.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Cool. I do remember those. I don't like them as much as his Yamaha models, but always thought they were kinda neat.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Whaaaaaaaat, no plaid?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          When did they make those? Almost looks Wolfgangish or like Mortons Dominion. Looks like a nice score for $90.
          I found an article on H-C about Blues launching these at NAMM around '95-6 and an ad with Blues spruiking Hairpick which came out in '94. The guitar in the ad has a black headstock face, different to the natural one on my guitar. Doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there about these so I'm working out what I can as I go.

I have seen them in plaid too, but not in the '94 ad so they may have been a later release.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

That's cool. Is the fretboard scalloped?
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

no, Alvin. Not scalloped
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I liked the weird plaid colored one he had during his REH video with a Floyd. Saw him back in the 80's at a couple of clinics and some "best Guitarist" contests. Fuck, I wish he still made instrumental albums - an extremely unique player. But, he knows he makes more money doing TV and Film scores.

I often check ebay for those. Don't know how they sound, but they look interesting. Haven't seen any that cheap though. Nice find!!!

Comment

looks like a chocolate eclair
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                  X