NGD - Fender Am Deluxe Strat refinished by Mike Learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Fender Am Deluxe Strat refinished by Mike Learn

I bought a brand new American Deluxe Strat about 8 months ago in cherry sunburst but when I recently picked up a used LP Standard flametop in cherry sunburst, I realized I had a problem - I had 2 guitars with the same finish and I just could not have that. The solution was easy though. I sent the body off to Mike Learn and had him refin it in a classic retro red metal flake finish. I'm really happy with how it turned out. The turn around was quick and the price was very fair.

I loves me some ruby slippers!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I loves me some ruby slippers!
      Heh, I thought of the same thing when I unpacked the body. I didn't plan it with that in mind but that's how it turned out.

Comment

that looks great...

Comment

love sparkle finishes. that looks great!

Comment

beautiful!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Good lord, that's awesome.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

AWESOME finish, and it looks killer on that strat.

Sparkle finishes are just way too cool. I had a GMW just like that red sparkle. Going to have to do a Charvie in that some day, maybe candy purple sparkle.

Comment

Nice! The paint has a lot of depth.

Comment

The abalone inlays on those strats are awesome- Just a little touch of flair without getting pimpy. Looked good I'm sure going with the original paint, but looks amazing with the new one & that pick guard. It'll look wild if you ever get it hit with stage lights I bet.

Comment

looks awesome

Comment

Looks great, fantastic even, but I don't believe you when you said Mike Learn finished that guitar. There has to be a skull or bones somewhere on that guitar. Maybe with different lighting?
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          The abalone inlays on those strats are awesome- Just a little touch of flair without getting pimpy. Looked good I'm sure going with the original paint, but looks amazing with the new one & that pick guard. It'll look wild if you ever get it hit with stage lights I bet.
                          It did look nice with the original finish. I almost felt guilty about covering up the ash as it has/had decent grain to it. The pickguard is stock BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                            Looks great, fantastic even, but I don't believe you when you said Mike Learn finished that guitar. There has to be a skull or bones somewhere on that guitar. Maybe with different lighting?
                            Ha! Mike asked to me to send him pictures so folks could see that he does do finishes other than skulls and the like.

Comment

pimpin flake bro.....
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X