GMW Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Gurus

I have a couple GMW Jake's, see the post your GMW pics thread here.

What I'd like to know is what were the specs on these guitars.

I never saved that info and for the life of me can't remember. I'm sure I could guess most of it, but would like facts so I'm not guessing.

What body wood?
    Fretboard wood?
    Fret size?
    FB Radius?
    Any other neck specs, width etc.

Anything else you know or can remember.
    I guess I could email GMW, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks,

Jason

There were standard specs that Lee used to build the Jake replicas but a customer could change any of the specs if they wanted. If you ordered it directly from GMW and didn't change anything, here's the specs that were posted on the GMW site for the blueburst.

This GMW Rock Replica Jake-E-Lee blue-burst guitar features an alder body and a 22 fret maple neck with an ebony fingerboard, 1 5/8" nut width, 6100 jumbo frets and pearl dot inlays. The solid brass bridge is an original Charvel hardtail and NOT a reproduction unit. This guitar is equipped with non-logo'd JB (SH-4) and noise canceling Duncan Classic Stack (STK-S1n) neck and middle pickups. For customers ordering guitars built from scratch, any standard Duncan, DiMarzio or EMG pickups may be substituted for the pickups normally installed in this "Jake" guitar at no extra charge. It also includes Jackson factory parts, vintage-style Gotoh SG-36 tuners and original Charvel red phenolic nut. A new black plush hardshell case is included. $1250

Hope that helps. BTW, very cool GMWs that you have!

Comment

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

I ordered the blueburst stock from GMW and the white I bought second or third hand from here years ago. It has a birdseye maple neck that looks awesome.

Do you know what the radius on the fingerboards were?

I love the way they play and was thinking of building a parts guitar or having one built similar to these and would like all the details I could get.

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by DTP View Post
        Do you know what the radius on the fingerboards were?

I love the way they play and was thinking of building a parts guitar or having one built similar to these and would like all the details I could get.
        No problem, glad I could help. The only info I have is what Lee used to have posted on his website for the Rock Replicas. You can always send an email to Lee and he will be able to tell you the specs. He responds to emails pretty quick.

And if you're trying to recreate a GMW with other parts, just consider finding a used one or ordering a new GMW. In the end I think you would be happier with a great gutiar rather than settling for something else.

Comment

Working...
        X