Warmoth 20% off showcase items!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth 20% off showcase items!

This sale started today. Stuff is selling like crazy. Im looking for a strat neck and they were dissapearing from my cart as was looking at others. Where else can you get a flame or birdseye neck with abalone for $150 that matches warmoths quality.(Im not a fan of mighty mite) There are also nonfigured necks with black dots for under $100. Great deals if you have a project that you need a neck or body for.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Man, I just put in an order for a hardtail Strat, I couldn't find what I wanted in the Showcase exactly so I had it all built "to spec" but I probably could have found something workable for a neck.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      so I had it all built "to spec"
      That was silly. You have to play the waiting game with Warmoth. Ah, well - let's see some build pics when the parts turn up!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Probably going to be about a month... I don't know how long I would have waited for what I ordered, a hardtail mahogany Strat body in Alpine white with a contoured heel. They rarely do mahogany without a top/trans color so, probably forever.

Comment

Mahagony strat??? That is cray-Z!!! I'm jonesing for a strat with a Floyd, and I don't know what to do about it - been cruising the warmoth site looking for donor parts...
          Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, thing is, I love the tone of mahogany. I went with a Bubinga neck for a similar tone, and no finish required.

There were several top and rear-route solid color Strat bodies in ash and alder, if you search for "any tremolo" then when you do the "configure and buy" you can choose which trem you want.

Beware, the "flush mount" Floyd option is truly a flush mount Floyd, it's not like the Pro Mod (or what I presume your AS Sig is like) where the neck is angled enough to get some pull-back without a shim. It's more like a mid-80's Kramer (actually, exactly like a mid-80's Kramer) as far as the bridge height.

Also, if you buy from the gallery, your body is routed after it's painted. I believe when you do a "custom" body, the routing is done first, which will look a little better if you're doing a recessed tremolo.

I'm happy with Charvels as far as Floyd-equipped Strat-style guitars but I wanted a true hardtail.

It's not quite a Jake E. Lee Strat clone (H/S, mahogany, white pickguard, gold HW, etc.) but it's somewhat "inspired" by a combination of Jake's and the classic Olympic White Strat that Hendrix played. I'm excited to put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Mahagony strat??? That is cray-Z!!! I'm jonesing for a strat with a Floyd, and I don't know what to do about it - been cruising the warmoth site looking for donor parts...
              Well, you take the Dave Murray strat, a drill, a router....

I didn't see anything too great on the Warmoth site myself. Either I'm really cheap or the stuff with good prices was already gone.

Comment

Yeah, thing is, I love the tone of mahogany. I went with a Bubinga neck for a similar tone, and no finish required.
                We're from completely different planets! Ash or alder, maple neck - maybe you can get a little nutty and go rosewood or ebony fretboards.

Bub-what? On a strat? ~shudder~

I'm happy with Charvels as far as Floyd-equipped Strat-style guitars but I wanted a true hardtail.

It's not quite a Jake E. Lee Strat clone (H/S, mahogany, white pickguard, gold HW, etc.) but it's somewhat "inspired" by a combination of Jake's and the classic Olympic White Strat that Hendrix played. I'm excited to put it together.
                And hardtail, too?!

For years I wanted a hardtail strat. I used to block the bridge and tighten the springs so the trem was flat against the body and not going to go anywhere. Then I actually set the 6-hole up so it floated and stayed in tune, and found that I really just prefered that tone a whole lot more. To me, just sounds much richer and more open - but what the fuck, I play with a lot of distortion and Dimarzios, so what do I know?

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Well, you take the Dave Murray strat, a drill, a router....
                I'm not going to close the door on that option.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, I was very disappointed with my first hardtail Strat, it didn't really sound like a Strat at all. I think the blocked trem is definitely the way to go there, but if you're going with mahogany you're in a different ballpark anyway so it might not make a difference
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

If I wanted it to sound like a Strat, I wouldn't be putting a humbucker in it, or using a mahogany body.

Comment

Beware, the "flush mount" Floyd option is truly a flush mount Floyd, it's not like the Pro Mod (or what I presume your AS Sig is like) where the neck is angled enough to get some pull-back without a shim. It's more like a mid-80's Kramer (actually, exactly like a mid-80's Kramer) as far as the bridge height.
                      Not sure I understand what you mean - I chose the "Bridge: Floyd w/ Ang Pock" option because I didn't want it recessed. Are you indicating there is a problem with it? Is there only "slightly" angled neck pocket so if you don't put a shim in, the Floyd is so low you can't pull up on it? I have an '83 Kramer Pacer Imperial, and it does have a little material in the neck pocket, I suppose to create some more angle.....

BTW HUGE THANKS for the alert. I went right to it and bought the 'vintage white' colored Alder strat. The only thing I wasn't certain about was what size to get the side input jack (so I chose 3/4") and they didn't have any toggle switch options other then a 5 way, which is okay, but I chose 2 hum configuration, so didn't really need a 5 way, but oh well...

Comment

Yup, the "Floyd w/ angled pocket" is a flush mount, and there is a problem with it, if you want the tremolo to have any usable pull-up.

You can set it up to float for vibrato, but you're not going to get much pull-up at all without shimming it.

I chose it especially for that, because I wanted the tremolo resting on the body on that particular guitar (with 5 springs on it) and it came out just like I wanted.

You did fine on the input jack, you can use a football/oval plate like a Charvel. The 1/2" is, again, like a Kramer, where you use a Switchcraft panel jack, which I got on my first one, and I kinda wish I had not, because they're kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.

I ordered mine with no control holes and just drilled it for a volume (single hum) but if I'd done a 2H I would have done the same and made another hole for a 3-way.

You can use a Tele 3-way for a 2-pickup guitar in place of the 5-way (that's what I'm doing on my hardtail.)

Comment

Yup, the "Floyd w/ angled pocket" is a flush mount, and there is a problem with it, if you want the tremolo to have any usable pull-up.
                          That's crazy - angled neck pocket should mean that the Floyd will float. Do they have "Floyd w/ flat pocket?" Crazy ass left-coasters.

Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I dropped a few bucks there today.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              That's crazy - angled neck pocket should mean that the Floyd will float. Do they have "Floyd w/ flat pocket?" Crazy ass left-coasters.

Well, angled can mean a lot of different degrees of angles. I think it's 2 degrees on Warmoth's angled neck pocket, that's not a lot.

And, it will float. But, you have about 1/8" between the top of the guitar and the bottom of the bridge. It's not anywhere close to the amount of pull-up you can get on a Pro Mod. Probably not even a half step.

Comment

Working...
                              X