another cheap ibby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another cheap ibby

picked up a 1992 rg 570 for £150 (a bit tatty with a nasty ding at the back) should clean up o.k. tho.

yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Nice! I wish I could find a deal like that. I've always wanted an early 90's Ibeenhad.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Great guitar. I have a black 1991.
      Its amazing that everybody wants and is paying daft money for 550's when this is essentially the same guitar but with a rosewood board and no pickguard.

Stupidly good deals to be had on these now. I paid £200 for a decent (not perfect) condition with the original hardcase about 2 years ago. I had a 570FM from about 95-2000. I used it more than anything else at the time.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I love my 1987 560. I'm still playing with pickup configs, but the guitar is awesome.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM. Reason: Wrong model number
        -Rick

Comment

I have the exact same guitar. You'll enjoy it. It's a badass shredder.

Comment

Those old RGs rocked. When they went to the all access neck joint is when it went down hill. This V1 and V2 pickups were pretty sweet sounding too.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Another great score!
              What is it with Scousers and cheap Ibzes?

Comment

rjohnstone, is that not an RG560? And I've never seen one with a maple fretboard.

Send it to me for closer analysis...

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                  rjohnstone, is that not an RG560? And I've never seen one with a maple fretboard.

Send it to me for closer analysis...
                  Yep... 560... fat fingered the number.
                  The neck is original to the guitar.
                  It was special ordered with a Maple board.

As for sending it to you... over my dead body.
                  -Rick

Comment

Deal. One of my finest assassins are speeding their way to you presently.

Comment

Cookie, are those the V1, V2 pickups or the V7, V8? Hopefully it's the V1, V2 cuz that's what I have in my ibby. The V2 sounds pretty badass for a stock pickup. Others at jemsite claim that V7/V8 combo sound thin and compressed.

Comment

it's the v7/v8 (all tho i have a v2 kicking about somewhere):think:

here's a pic of it with it's chums.....

yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I prefer the V1 and V2 combo myself, but there isnt much in it. They're great stock pups. The sound of the 80's.

Comment

Nice cookie! Yeah I was just curious cuz I was recently scanning the '92 catalog and apparently that year the V7/V8 combo were the stock pickups (except the lefty models:think. But yeah it's my primary axe and I love it. I'm thinking about putting some evo's in it but not too sure. I was originally going to install an H/H pickguard, do away with the middle sc, and put in petruccis new crunch lab and liquifire. But, I opted to save that configuration for an ibby 7-string i'm going to buy in the near future. By the way, what is that yellow, caution tape looking stuff you put on it. It looks kinda cool. Gives it an abstract EVH vibe.

Comment

Evos do work nice in Basswood guitars. Better than the Alder they were kind of intended for really, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X