Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibby's

Been in a flametop mood lately.......R9 and Axcess

I am debating changing the pkus...in the meantime I added a cover to the neck pku
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Very nice.

Comment

Everything looks better with a Floyd

Comment

Very nice, Trace. Cool flametops on both of them.

Wish I could be into LPs. I love their classic looks and tone. It's just classic rock & roll. But, unfortunately, I just can't ever seem to like how they play or feel. And that bums me, because I'd love to have one to enjoy.

Comment

i'm learning that i'm like pat; i LOVE the look of les pauls. The short scale is kind of a PITA. Gonna have to make a 25.5 scale LP type....right pat?

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool a LP with a Floyd on it. I agree with Sully that the 24 3/4 scale length is a pain to "relearn" on. It just feels like it's small and like a toy to me. Gorgeous guitars man.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              i'm learning that i'm like pat; i LOVE the look of les pauls. The short scale is kind of a PITA. Gonna have to make a 25.5 scale LP type....right pat?

sully
              Wish I had your skills, bro!

And here's where I get even wierder. I've had a couple of GMP Pawnshops, which are LP-style with 25.5" scale necks. They're flat out awesome guitars. And yet, despite my preferences, they didn't feel "LP enough" to me. :think: And the scale length effects the guitars tone, too - so they didn't quite sound "LP enough" to me, either. It's like 95% there, but still just a little enough different to notice. That's both cool & unique, and also disappointing, if I'm making any sense. I still might order one again, when Dan gets GMP going again. And then there's my Carvin, which is an in-between 25" scale - and, suprisingly, I have no problems enjoying playing that neck at all. ...I guess I'm just fuggin' weird. :think:

Anyway, awesome guitars, Trace. Congrats.

Comment

to get around the scale length feel I use 11 gauge strings on Gibby's and 10's on Charvels...I also play with high action (some say very high action)
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

sorry for the hijack, trace! I like the added cover on the axcess. How do you like it? I think that the added contours are kickass.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, the Axcess has a cool new sculpted heel, right? I definitely remember feeling that as a cool Gibby change.

Also, Trace, I understand how thicker strings help compensate for the "slackier" feel of Gibbys. Unfortunately, that's not the issue for me, though. It's the "shortness" of the neck, if you will, and how different it feels to play it. Guess I've just played 25.5" scale so long (decades), that I'm just not comfortable on Gibbys. Oh well.

Comment

Awesome Trace. Very nice with the PUP cover. A definite alternative to playing the Charvels all the time.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Those are sweet! I also love the look with the neck pup covered.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                          Everything looks better with a Floyd

Comment

thanks guys..I really like it but remember I was a Gibby boy for a long time. I did not get into Charvels until-late 90's!!

I am impressed with the Axcess...the scuplted heel and belly cut are awesome. I am debating swicthing out the bridge pku and going with something hotter.

Nit picking but I still think the recessed trem route looks a little fugly (visually)

Comment

i think the recess is done mainly so that they don't have to deal as much with neck angles. can't say i blame them (after having to recess a TOM setup last weekend in order to compensate for a neck angle)!

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X