ESP USA Custom Explorer...value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    ESP did have a custom shop in the USA for a little bit, in California.
    Yep, furthermore, the customs built in the California shop in the late 90's we're all bolt-on guitars with inlays at the 12th fret and small dot markers.

Here's another example of an Eclipse from that era...

And an M-II

And an MH

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      ESP did have a custom shop in the USA for a little bit, in California.
      ESP had their Custom Shop in Manhattan, on 48th St in the late 80's, right across the street from Rudy's Music Stop. It was ESP's only Custom Shop when it was open. Anyone from NYC will remember being in it. They also made all the "48th St. Custom Guitars" there as well. Pretty much anything you wanted they would make.
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
        ESP had their Custom Shop in Manhattan, on 48th St in the late 80's, right across the street from Rudy's Music Stop. It was ESP's only Custom Shop when it was open. Anyone from NYC will remember being in it. They also made all the "48th St. Custom Guitars" there as well. Pretty much anything you wanted they would make.
        Yep - very cool shop until the end. I was bummed when they shuttered the place... now, my understanding was that they made/assembled stuff for ESP very early on - mid-80's.
        Last edited by Grandturk; 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
          Apparently they left New York in 1993 and moved to Sunset Blvd. in California. This shop was there till the end of the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Apparently they left New York in 1993 and moved to Sunset Blvd. in California. This shop was there till the end of the 90's.
            That was pretty much what I thought.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X