New POS, uh guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New POS, uh guitar...

I have never EVER heard of this brand guitar (Douglas; made by Rondo (?)). However, I was on Ebay looking for guitar parts to build my own guitar. I had some ideas. Then, I ran across this. I took one look at the beautiful flame maple top (alder body) and the sexy scalloped neck and I wanted it. I then noticed the price . When the auction ended I wound up getting a brand new guitar for $130 delivered. The Floyd isn't the greatest, but it works for what I need it to do. The neck...wow. I've never touched a scalloped neck and this thing is awesome. The pickups are from Douglas, but it's in the H-S-S configuration that I wanted. The hum definitely has to go, but the rest seem pretty nice. What do ya think?

Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

You do realize that the top on that is not real?
    There's a reason it has a sunburst finish.
    -Rick

Comment

For $100 or so, they make a good value guitar...I have an SX Jazz bass that my son plays, and they're not bad...
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

worth it for the scalloped neck....
        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          You do realize that the top on that is not real?
          There's a reason it has a sunburst finish.
          I don't know these things so I have to ask, how can you tell?

Comment

Typically on low end guitars, they will put a paper thin veneer on the top and then burst the edges with a solid color to hide the edges.
            In some cases, the veneer is just a photo.
            Very common practice.
            Jackson does it a lot.

Looks good, just don't think that someday you'll sand it out and find a great piece of wood under there.
            -Rick

Comment

How do they make and sell it for that price? I have to agree--well worth it for the scalloped neck.

Comment

How do they make and sell it for that price? I have to agree--well worth it for the scalloped neck.
                chinese child labor.

Comment

maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me?
                  yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster View Post
                    maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me?
                    :ROTF:
                    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Working...
                    X