Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran Guitars

http://www.ranguitars.com/custom.htm

Someone on here has to have some knowledge of these guys. Anyone?
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
    http://www.ranguitars.com/custom.htm

Someone on here has to have some knowledge of these guys. Anyone?
    There are loads of threads on Ran, which you'll find if by using the search function for this section or by putting site:jcfonline.com "ran guitars" into google. Is there anything in particular that you want to know, but can't find there?

Comment

Wow, get your drool cups:

http://www.ranguitars.com/gallery.php

I personally had never heard of Ran. Their stuff looks amazing, made in Poland.

Ken, you sure you're not thinking of Rand ?

Comment

So... basically they're copies of ESPs, Mosers, Jacksons, BC Rich's made in Poland?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          So... basically they're copies of ESPs, Mosers, Jacksons, BC Rich's made in Poland?
          No, they're custom guitars. You can make absolutely anything, which means a copy of absolutely anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
            No, they're custom guitars. You can make absolutely anything, which means a copy of absolutely anything.
            Oh, sweet - as long as they're not knock-offs.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Dean had a line of guitars made in Poland a while back. They are supposed to be pretty nice.

Comment

The pics are nice and the guitars look nice. But they are stealing other people's designs. My friend designed the Bastard V for Moser and receives royalties on every one that is sold. To me Ran are thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
                  Ken, you sure you're not thinking of Rand ?
                  Hey Greg, no I was thinking of Ran alright. They've been around for a long time. Originally they were reasonably cheap, but became popular, expensive, slow at producing guitars (year+ wait) and now make silly errors on builds. I.e. copying Jackson a little *too* well.

Several people on sevenstring.org have bought guitars from Ran over the years and there are a few people on the JGP that have them too, as there are no import taxes/duties within the EU. Indeed, someone on the JGP has one in-build at the moment.

Comment

What I find amazing is that since everything they do is custom, why does almost everyone order an exact copy of something else with a Ran symbol on the headstock ??? If I was going to order a custom hand made guitar, I surely wouldn't want a copy of something else.

Dean had some pretty decent guitars made in the early to mid 90's that say "Made in the Czech Republic" on the back of their headstocks. Please excuse my lousy knowledge of European geography/history but could the Czech Republic be Ran in Poland ?

Comment

With all this stuff regarding the copy of other peoples designs, these guys to me basically look like a european version of Ed Roman.

Comment

I personally love them for the lack of lefty upcharge, I also have a build in process. Dariusz is great at getting back to you in a timely manner. On the Jackson side PH Nick and I have been waiting a month or so just to see if they'll build my order.
                        My Childrens
                        -------------
                        Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                        Lefty RR1T trans black
                        Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                        Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
                          Dean had some pretty decent guitars made in the early to mid 90's that say "Made in the Czech Republic" on the back of their headstocks. Please excuse my lousy knowledge of European geography/history but could the Czech Republic be Ran in Poland ?
                          That's not likely. Ran, were selling guitars out of Poland before 2004. That's when both Poland and the Czech Republic joined the EU and the free workforce market started to kick in for them.

My favorite is the Sweetone. Got to run to a meeting so can't dig out a photo now, but it even had an "R" version of the "J" sweetone logo. There's a beautiful tiger-eye finish on it.

EDIT: This is the one I mean:

Last edited by ken; 09-04-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Well I own too definately want more though the next ones I get wont be copies or using other headstock styles...

I absolutely love the neck profiles it's easily one of the best ones i've played far nicer than the sls-3 profile which is a bit too square for my liking...

I do question why people get standard looking copies...

I need to decide what I definately want for my next one and get down to ordering it I would like an sl2h at some point but I know i'd be happier witha custom guitar thats more personalised...

I know people bitch about their quality etc the only things "wrong" with both of mine were the fret ends not being smooth, I find thsi hard to explain they arent polished like the tops are but they arent sharp or dangerous havent cause my fingers to bleed yet...

And the RR I had made has some slight clear over the binding on the body, they also were ordered with emg's so I have to use mini pots now i've changed to passive pickups...

Yeah the wait time is pretty long now and the price has gone up, but I did notive that the second one which I got in 06 07 maybe cant remember exactly, did seem slightly better both have soul though which I'd take over a flawless perfect, and possibly souless guitar...

I can only see their guitars getting better the more they make...

I always find it funny how some companies get slated for copies and others dont.

Still that cruiser shape is probably the first non soloist shape i've grown to really love for a super strat and will be the body for my next purchase...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                              Well I own too definately want more though the next ones I get wont be copies or using other headstock styles...

I absolutely love the neck profiles it's easily one of the best ones i've played far nicer than the sls-3 profile which is a bit too square for my liking...

I do question why people get standard looking copies...

I need to decide what I definately want for my next one and get down to ordering it I would like an sl2h at some point but I know i'd be happier witha custom guitar thats more personalised...

I know people bitch about their quality etc the only things "wrong" with both of mine were the fret ends not being smooth, I find thsi hard to explain they arent polished like the tops are but they arent sharp or dangerous havent cause my fingers to bleed yet...

And the RR I had made has some slight clear over the binding on the body, they also were ordered with emg's so I have to use mini pots now i've changed to passive pickups...

Yeah the wait time is pretty long now and the price has gone up, but I did notive that the second one which I got in 06 07 maybe cant remember exactly, did seem slightly better both have soul though which I'd take over a flawless perfect, and possibly souless guitar...

I can only see their guitars getting better the more they make...

I always find it funny how some companies get slated for copies and others dont.

Still that cruiser shape is probably the first non soloist shape i've grown to really love for a super strat and will be the body for my next purchase...
                              love to see some pics
                              My Childrens
                              -------------
                              Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                              Lefty RR1T trans black
                              Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                              Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X