Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean ML79 Exotic

Found this today in 10 shape too.
    Will take it apart tonight and see what the pickups are and do a clean and set up.Got it silly cheap too.
    Fit and finish are top notch,plays/sounds great.
    Need to find two old DiMarzio super "D"'s to put in it and yes it will get an RS upgrade kit
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by straycat; 08-29-2009, 09:24 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

nice man love the spalted maple nd the dean ml shape

Comment

This is one awesome guitar for sure very clean inside and out.The soldering is clean and very well done.
      Not sure what year it is or what the retail was but I snagged a great great guitar here.No markings on the pickups so not sure what they are but they sound great.No chatter at all at high gain settings on the amp just clear as a bell.
      The neck profile is dead on my old 81 USA blueburst V.
      Makes me want one with a Floyd now.
      The workmanship on this one shows in spades.
      If anyone knows the serial #'s on these its US 08040824 made in Korea.
      Last edited by straycat; 08-31-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Nice top, I dig it. The headstock seems a little thinner "spread" than normal Dean.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          This one awesome guitar for sure very clean inside and out.The soldering is clean and very well done.
          Not sure what year it is or what the retail was but I snagged a great great guitar here.No markings on the pickups so not sure what they are but they sound great.No chatter at all at high gain settings on the amp just clear as a bell.
          The neck profile is dead on my old 81 USA blueburst V.
          Makes me want one with a Floyd now.
          The workmanship on this one shows in spades.
          If anyone knows the serial #'s on these its US 08040824 made in Korea.
          Made in 2008. The Korean shop(World Guitars I think) Dean now has building the 79 Series and these variants is really doing a great job. Build quality is excellent and the fretwork is really exceptional for an import guitar. Just try to avoid the Chinese models.

Comment

Thanks Greg I thought it was 08 but not sure.
            Fretwork is really nice and the inlays have none of that epoxy filler exposed which you see on a lot of imports. Overall the guitar is made very well.

Comment

Working...
            X