No announcement yet.

Swiss Customs damaged my KV2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, if they did that to me if I had a USA Jackson, I'd fucking treat them how they treat peoples possessions!
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Oh btw, just on a side note: Your two new tracks are fucking killer, dig your vocal style. The artwork is fucking EPIC as well, Whelan is a fucking master.

Hope the KV works out for you man! Sucks so bad...

Comment

Is there nothing you can do, like claim from the airline, after all the guitar was in their plane, right? Did you put it into the oversize/fragile check-in? Customs usually open up the cases there and then in front of you before it goes on the plane if they are going to. (And when some scruffy grebo lobs a guitar case on the belt, they are going to have a peep, it's the highlight of their day, there's more likely to be something naughty inside than in Mr Cheesedick's mountain bike)

Once it's checked in it shouldn't matter whether Customs open it or not, it's the responsibility of the airline. Of course, proving it and getting them to accept that is another story, there's only one bigger set of spastics out there than Customs and that's the soft twats who work for the airlines, nothing is ever their fault and if you even think about losing your temper or raising your voice, you have no hope. Great job if you like feeling important without facing up to any responsibility.

Depends on where you are, I suppose. Came back from Brutal Assault the other day with a couple of guitars and they didn't bat an eyelid, but the cunts weren't going to let me on board with the highly dangerous sealed bottle of water I had just fucking bought from the booth right outside the check-in gate. And would they accept my boots weren't steelies so I didn't need to take them off? Would they fuck. Tossers

Customs are cunts, no two ways about it, and they are soooo full of their self-importance these days thanks to their made-up "war on terror", even the wankstains who sit at passport control and patronise you need a fucking good hiding. Oh to catch one of them twats out in town in a pub when I've had a few drinkies......... (it'll never happen, they are at home interfering with their children)
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That sucks. Kill em'
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

nah theres nothing you can do really, other than fill in lots of paperwork that will take ages for them to sort through, and it will probably get "lost" somewhere and the end result will be nowhere near as rewarding for all the effort you'd put in.

airlines have some kind of prejudice for musicians, they should have a storage place onboard for instruments so you can carry them on with you instead of some dickface throwing it around where you cant see them and potentially damaging your guitar.

when we came back from canada last year we were waiting by the oversize thing for 2 hours for our guitars to come out, we were halfway thorugh going mental at the airport people, everyone else had got their oversized stuff but they said they couldnt find our guitars anywhere, after another hour or so we heard one of the guys radios and a voice came through saying there were 3 cases left on the runway bit where the plane had been. the fuckers had just left them outside. fucking airlines.

AND they choose when to charge you, no one seems to have a set policy, on easyjet a few months ago they didnt charge us for the guitars for flying out from manchester, but on the way back in they charged us and said its airline policy. again...... fuckers.
            Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
            Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
            ISP Decimator Pedal
            Sony Wireless Systems
            Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

tip: buy a seat for your guitar. seriously. it can be done - and probably less hassle too

Comment

considered doing that, but we dont get paid anywhere near enough to be able to afford that. we only just barely get enough to cover flights for band members haha.

ISP Decimator Pedal
                Sony Wireless Systems
                Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Airlines, fucking shitbags should learn to do their job right!
                  Gear

Jackson DXMG
                  Jackson JS30RR
                  Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                  Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                  Blackstar HT5H
                  Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                  Marshall JCM 800 2203
                  Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                    tip: buy a seat for your guitar. seriously. it can be done - and probably less hassle too
                    You still can't take your guitar onboard, seat or no seat. If there's turbulence the guitar could theoretically bounce around the plane and injure other passengers. Also, you might open the case, assemble a hitty-killing-explody-thing from your guitar parts, garrotte the pilot with the strings and jab the navigator with the pre-poisoned string ends, before plunging the plane into the Houses of Parliament. That's just what those nasty Heavy Metal types are itching to do, everyone knows that.

If they won't let you on with a bottle of water, you've got zero chance of getting your "killer axe" on.

Maybe a Steinberger, because it would fit into the overhead locker, but there's still a lot of metal on it, you'd have to be very famous to get away with it.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I think he just came up with the solution Matt. You clearly need to become more famous. Then the flight crew will be turned in to a quivering bunch of boot lickers looking to do your bidding.

If they displease you, then you can scream "YOU UNLEASHED THE FURY! I WILL FOCKING KILL YOU!"

"Förbannade fitta!"
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Musicians metal/thrash dont get payed enough.
                        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

thats the solution then, its time to completely sell out and start wearing all white tailored suits, do music videos in "da club" with "bitches" so we can get mega famous so i can get my guitar on a plane so swiss customs won't have a chance mess with it.

sorted.

all this airline talk is making me think of the south park episode "the entity"

ISP Decimator Pedal
                          Sony Wireless Systems
                          Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Damn sorry to hear.

Is this common? (customs damaging your equipment) I personally never traveled with my guitar before
                            My Jackson Guitars website

Comment

it happens yeah, since that happened the same thing actually happened again, and it got hit in the exact same place, making it 3 dents instead of 2. bizarre!

and my brothers moser guitar had the top wings of its headstock smashed off coming through customs, it actually makes me not want to take a guitar through customs.

anyone else had it happen?

ISP Decimator Pedal
                              Sony Wireless Systems
                              Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Working...
                              X