5 digit jackson professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 digit jackson professional

just landed this one. still trying to find out what year and model. thought you guys might want to get in the guessing game. guy i bought it from called guitar center they said it it was 2003 custom shop soloist. made in usa with jap parts. im not convinced though from what ive been reading. see what youall think. heres the pics.
    http://s699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/rev64/

Professionals were all made in Japan.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think the only thing USA on that is the neck plate, possibly the body, but that neck is japanese for sure, check the scale length, it might be a fusion 24&3/4" scale.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by rev64 View Post
        ...called guitar center they said it it was 2003 custom shop soloist. made in usa with jap parts.

If there are people that stupid working at Guitar Denter.........

Honestly, basic rule of thumb is that Soloists are always neckthrough despite the serial number, trussrod cover, or any other specs.

Are those plastic backplates or metal? Look like plastic with shiny silver screws.

As well the serial number bar looks overly shiny compared to the outer edges of the plate - which would indicate to me that it was sanded down and restamped.

Definitely a USA plate for the address, but there's too much else that says import to me.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

metal backplate. has some wear, looks all factory. no tampering. took pics with my cellphone not very good ones. serial# 88631

Comment

Its a Fusion Pro with a USA neck plate.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              Its a Fusion Pro with a USA neck plate.
              +1

There was a guy last year or the year before who was unloading a few of those 5 digit plates on ebay.

IIRC, they were leftover plates from the Limited 88 run.
              -Rick

Comment

Ouch. How much did this $300 - $400 guitar cost?

The serial number on the plate isn't even in the correct range for a USA Fusion. It should be between 1000 and 2000.

Comment

Fusion Pro with USA neck plate. I've seen it done before (swapping of neck plates)

It's a nice guitar. $400 to $500 if it's in good shape.

Comment

bought it from a cancer patient for 500. plays like a dream and sounds exceptional. the 2 way switch when activated turns the tone knob into a sort of wah. very happy with it. my son is 12 and starting to learn to play and has not put it down since ive brought it home. well worth the money all the way around! thank you all for your input. glad to be here.

Comment

That's all that matters. I have two of these and they are great. I'd say the thinnest neck of any Jackson.

Comment

ive played a new dinky and nothing against those, they are great guitars but i like this one alot better especially the neck action. just feels like a well made instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by rev64 View Post
                          ive played a new dinky and nothing against those, they are great guitars but i like this one alot better especially the neck action. just feels like a well made instrument.
                          Old Pros pretty much smoke newer stuff. Too bad it is rarely reflected in the resale price.

Comment

do you have any pics of your 2 pros? what color are they? mine seems to be black metalflake, not that you could tell from those pics of mine. pics i took were really for trying to id the thing. cellphone ya know.

Comment

No, I need to take some.

One is a 100% stock in cobalt blue. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I like the J50BC pickup a lot. The J200 singles can get muddy until you turn on the wah, then they clean up nicely.

The other is a mutt - Jackson Pro Fusion neck on a metallic red Charvel Fusion Deluxe body. I like the H / S pickup config. This guitar has an EMG81 and EMG-S in the neck, wired for 18 volts.

I also have a 100% stock Charvel Fusion Deluxe in cobalt blue as well. It has a very nice dark rosewood fretboard. The J200R rail neck pickup sounds great, the J90C bridge is chunky.

That's it for Fusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X