Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 USA "Reverse Headstock"???

I just purchase a USA RR1, with a U series serial number. The odd
    thing is it has a reversed headstock, which I never have seen released out of the
    factory. Can anyone help me figure out if it is a custom or a special run.

Is that the one from Ebay last week? Definitely a Custom Shop, unless it was a limited run no one here has ever heard of (which is possible, but improbable).

Customs do leave the factory with production serial numbers once in a while. Not often, but it happens.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Didn't Ed Roman have some kind of exclusive deal to get production models with reverse headstocks? I think it's been mentioned here a few times. Just throwing that out there as another possibility. Someone else will have to chime in to confirm it.

Comment

I thought that there were short reverse-headstock runs of almost all the USAs a couple years back, through various dealers.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          Didn't Ed Roman have some kind of exclusive deal to get production models with reverse headstocks? I think it's been mentioned here a few times. Just throwing that out there as another possibility. Someone else will have to chime in to confirm it.
          Yes, he did. I'm not aware of any other dealers doing that, but it's possible.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got one too. Got it from Ed. It was part of a special run. I've never seen them anywhere else that way either, other than custom shop.
            The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

You two should compare serial numbers to see if they're close. Maybe they were part of the same run ?
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

OK, I'll go:

And, what is the ser # ?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yea i wanna see this baby too! Does it also have reverse sharkies??

Comment

Couldn't find an RR1, but found a couple pics on here of the Ed Roman KV2 run.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine....#U17642

It's also in the forum gallery.
                      The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Comment

Here's U16681 (not mine), another one from the Leprechaun's run:

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          Here's U16681 (not mine), another one from the Leprechaun's run:

Not really a fan of Reverse Headstocks, but that one tickles my testicles a little bit!

Comment

Those are friggin' BADASS!

Comment

Too bad they're probably Ed Roman's Fabulous Fakes.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X