I about died laughing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I about died laughing....

This is on a local craigs list. The guy couldnt even post a picture!

http://allentown.craigslist.org/msg/998859103.html
    2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
    2007 DK2m White Bengal
    88 Jackson limited edition
    Charvel Preditor
    PS-3T Rhoads Performer
    Jackson DX10D
    3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
    4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
    Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
    Roland GP-8 Rack processor

ummm, yeah....i think he must be a van halen fan....or at least hits the same pipe. some people are silly!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and sent him a message. My guess was 375 Deluxe, but that only had 22 frets. Any idea what it really is?
      Scott

Comment

Not a $6500 guitar?

Comment

Hell you can buy a whole closet full of new Charvels for $25,000

Comment

He says it's an '87 with 22 frets, HSS, & floyd, so if he's right about the year it should be a Model 3 or Model 4. Could be a 375 or 475 if he got the year wrong. I was wondering if he might've counted the frets wrong & maybe it was a Model 6, which could explain why he called it a Soloist, but he says it was "made in Ft. Worth", so it must have a neck plate.

Mark's probably right, and maybe all he knows about Charvels is that the EVH relics were $25k. Trying to talk sense to him is probably a waste of time, so let him dream.
            Last edited by dg; 01-20-2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

He says it has a script logo, so it has to be 1990 or later. And I see he changed it to read 22 frets. It's definitely a 375.
              Scott

Comment

Hey, I thought it was worth a laugh.
                2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                2007 DK2m White Bengal
                88 Jackson limited edition
                Charvel Preditor
                PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                Jackson DX10D
                3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

I got a response to my email. He seems like he genuinely didn't know what he had.

Here's what I sent him:
                  Sorry to burst your bubble, but the guitar you have was made in Japan (Fort Worth is just the PO Box; it's confused a lot of people), and if it has a script logo like Jackson guitars today, it was made in the early 90s, not 1987. Prior to 1990, Charvels all had the guitar logo.

My guess is a 1990 375 Deluxe (http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=33&pos=14), which with the case would fetch about $300-$500. New they sold for a bit over $1000

If you're interested in finding out more, check out www.jcfonline.com; there's a lot of knowledgeable people there.
                  And here's what he wrote:
                  well I appreciate you letting me know what I have. I will keep it for the rest of my life, just like the rest of my ever growing guitar collection. thank you. are you a musician yourself?
                  Scott

Comment

well I appreciate you letting me know what I have. I will keep it for the rest of my life, just like the rest of my ever growing guitar collection. thank you. are you a musician yourself?
                    no im a shoe salesman!
                    USA Jackson RR1
                    Charvel Model 6
                    Jackson Performer-2
                    Orange Dark Terror
                    EVH 5150 LBX
                    Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                      Mark's probably right, and maybe all he knows about Charvels is that the EVH relics were $25k. Trying to talk sense to him is probably a waste of time, so let him dream.
                      There's no point in even talking to a meth addict. :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So now that he knows what it is he wants to keep it and not adjust the selling price accordingly? Weird...
                        8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

there's a charvel at the guitar center in san jose california for $1700. says san dimas charvel on the hang tag but if you look at the guitar, it's a bolt on with a fort worth, tx neck plate!

Comment

all i want to know is what kind of crack he was smoking when he posted that ad?

Comment

Fo0l:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X