Jackson Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Controls

I find that Jacksons with 1 mini switch per pickup to be great in terms of versatility, but sucks in live performance. To go from bridge to neck or any other combo can be rather clumsy between strums and licks. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you work around it?

[ May 05, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: lhrocker ]

Re: Jackson Controls

Learn how to flip two switches at once. It's the only way. You can also rewire them so the first one is a 3-way on/on/on switch (replacement) that selects the bridge and neck, and have the other two switches to kick in the middle pickup (on h-s-s/h-s-h) and a kill switch.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Jackson Controls

I actually loved the three mini switches when I had my Model 6. I got used to switching them very quickly, even using three fingers at once (middle, ring and pinky, since I fan those fingers out when playing anyway). Carvin makes their DC135 with three switches or also gives the option of getting the five-way switch. I wish all guitars had on/off switches like that.
      Actually, now that I think about it, does your guitar have the regular thin switches? The Model 6 had the bigger, flat type mini switches that are a little easier on the fingers to navigate.

[ May 05, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X