jackson/fender question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson/fender question

I am seeing (as have all of you most likely) jackson guitars for sale here and there being pitched as pre fender, even to the point of mentioning that one guitar was built in sept 02 and therefore had made it in "just under the wire". i was just questioning whether or not there was any real point to this (other than some symbolic thing) since i was under the impression that other than marketing, fender has changed absolutely nothing yet:they build them the same way, in the same place, with the same people,same machines etc. Is this not the case?

Re: jackson/fender question

Its a marketing tactic, no more, no less.

Comment

The one thing Fender did change was update all their old decrepid machinery. All the dealers I've spoke too say Fender is doing the right thing so far.

Comment

Yup just a marketing thing. And so far so good with the Fender guys runnin the show. Can't wait for summer NAMM and to get some new Jackson.
        Gil

Comment

The "Pre-Fender" thing going on is the biggest crock of B.S. I have seen in a while. I feel with AKAI out of business it is probably safe to say this, but anyone who had inside dealings with AKAI knows that things could and have only gone up since Fender took over.

BTW, I have also seen alot of wrong "Pre-Fender" claims going around. The official take over date Oct 25 2002 and there are a couple sellers selling USA made Jacksons made in Nov and Dec 2002 as Pre-Fender. If you are going to blow smoke up someones butt, atleast get the F-IN date right.

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X