X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly - Help Me Identify It!!

I posted this up in the wrong forum, i think, so i'm reposting it here:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82264

It's in MINT condition as i've given it a lot of TLC over the years. I hope you guys can help me to identify it. I don't think i'd ever sell it but if i did, i want to try and find fair market value for it as well. i've heard a lot of great things about this forum and the people here. thanks in advance.

It'd be worth putting your text in this thread rather than linking to the other one, cos then the admins can delete that thread....

It's definitely not a USA guitar - it's a pro series of some sort, maybe a KE3. EDIT - I just had a look through the link below and it looks like it is a KE3 to me...

Here's a link to Henrik's catalogue scans so try trawling through these to see what you have...

http://audiozone.dk/cm/jackson-charv...cans.php?cat=3

With regards to its value, it's nothing special, so not too much. I don't keep track of the prices of most imports, but my guess would be around $400...
    Last edited by neilli; 05-19-2008, 06:15 PM.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

true, they might delete it. ok i've copied and pasted it below. thanks for the idea.

hi! i'm new to the JCF forms. i bought this Jackson Kelly Professional guitar MANY years back in the 90's and have been trying to figure out what series, model, version, etc.. it is. it's not one of the crappy new ones but rather VERY well made, ameircan made i think, and plays beautifully. It's in great condition. the serial number is also pre 2001 so jackson/fender can't help me with it. They had great things to say about you guys though and said if anyone can help to identify this that it would be you guys! I hope thats true. the serial number is J010908. i've included some pictures of it below. THANK YOU for all the help, in advance.

Comment

Early/Mid 90's Kelly XL.
        Poplar body, Rosewood board

Edit: Scratch that... late 90's KE-3... didn't see the Duncan Designed pups when I first looked at it.
        Last edited by rjohnstone; 05-19-2008, 06:39 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

Not USA, Made in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Early/Mid 90's Kelly XL.

Edit: Scratch that... late 90's KE-3... didn't see the Duncan Designed pups when I first looked at it.
            It says professional at the end of the headstock, so it's got to be from between 1990 and 1995 right?

Comment

Early/Mid 90's Kelly XL.

An XL would also have neck/headstock binding. KE-3 indeed it is.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by azagoth1 View Post
                it's not one of the crappy new ones but rather VERY well made, ameircan made i think, and plays beautifully.
                that sounds like Pre-Fender-style ebay rhetoric, disparaging the current product to improve the stock of the one you're selling. "they don't make them like they used to".

which one of the crappy new ones are you referring to? Have you played the current Pro series Jacksons? Plenty of people on the JCF have new & old US Jacksons, and still the current Japanese Jacksons are rated highly here. The current KE3s are good guitars.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I was looking more at the control layout than the neck itself, but now that you bring it up, the Pro and XL both had regular sharkies as well.
                  The KE-3 has reverse sharkies.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    YAY - I win
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Confused by the Professional script tho....Can anyone explain why that's there?

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        Confused by the Professional script tho....Can anyone explain why that's there?

Vass
                        The "Professional" script was used up until 1998 or 99.
                        Don't recall the exact year, but it was around a lot longer than most people think.
                        -Rick

Comment

Thanks for that- Something to watch for for sure as I'm looking for Pro's out there. Not sure I would or would not have noticed the binding right out of the box from a photo.

Vass

Comment

I was looking more at the control layout than the neck itself, but now that you bring it up, the Pro and XL both had regular sharkies as well.
                            The KE-3 has reverse sharkies.
                            Yep. And the XLR had reverse sharkies with a reverse headstock. Though, the KE-3 has been featured with both regular and reverse sharkies at different times.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                              YAY - I win
                              Walk over to door number three to claim your prize.

Comment

Working...
                              X