Got my guitar back... (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my guitar back... (pic heavy)

from Mike Learn yesterday. I am blown away. First, Mike is a pleasure to deal with. He answered every question I had, and then some. I gave him an idea of what I wanted (color and elements I wanted), and like the artist he is, he fleshed it out, and gave it life. I really love the headstock.

It is missing the truss rod cover right now, cause I haven't set it up yet, but here you go...

What it was:

And here it is now:

I love it. I think the green and black looks great with the maple board and black sharkies and binding.

And yes, it is a DK2M, and I know some of you will wonder why I had an import painted. Because I wanted to, and my USA is a quilt top SLATQH, and I am not in the market to buy another USA right now.

Anyway, Mike, I love it. I am already thinking about what I want next time!
    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson SLATQH
    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
    Jackson DKMGT (project)
    Kramer Focus 1000
    Ibanez SDGR Bass
    Ovation Celebrity
    Martin Backpacker

Thank you Brian,
    It was my pleasure to work with you!
    Mike
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Very nice!

Mike - how did you paint around the pole pieces? That must have taken some serious prep work!
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Very nice!

Mike - how did you paint around the pole pieces? That must have taken some serious prep work!
        Mr. Learn will probably reply, but I would guess he probably cut some vinyl circle masks on his vinyl cutter.

Guitar looks killer!!!!

Comment

Nice work there. I need to get something painted by Mike.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            Mr. Learn will probably reply, but I would guess he probably cut some vinyl circle masks on his vinyl cutter.

Guitar looks killer!!!!
            Eggggzacatly!

Comment

That's some badass work Mike.

It looks like fiery water?
              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Holy mother of all that is cool and boner worthy.
                They just keep getting cooler and cooler.
                A+++
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Mike,
                  Did you completely strip the guitar or is that painted over the existing black paint?

Comment

It was painted over the existing finish. It had a few glitches in it that had to be repaired and primed, but then the black base was resprayed before the artwork was applied.

Comment

Awesome finish! Congrats!

Comment

Sweet. Nice work man.

Comment

I didnt bother reading any of your comments and went directly to the pics. At first I was thinking gee it's black. Then I got to the after pics and wow that is very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
                            And yes, it is a DK2M, and I know some of you will wonder why I had an import painted. Because I wanted to, and my USA is a quilt top SLATQH, and I am not in the market to buy another USA right now.

My feeling is, your coin, your call. No worries.

Looks great! I was considering putting a rising sun image on my DK2M when I had it....I think it would have looked cool.
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                              I didnt bother reading any of your comments and went directly to the pics. At first I was thinking gee it's black. Then I got to the after pics and wow that is very cool.
                              lol, I thought the same thing when I originally saw the headstock...I was like...what's different??
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                              X