Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star body Questions

Hello everyone!

I'm a big time lurker here and I'm finally posting because I've been wracking my brain over this issue, and unfortunately there aren't many star shaped bodies I've come in contact with to help me make my decision.

I've got the hots for a Star custom that I've started to plan out, and I was extremely curious about any differences there are in the size/width of the Charvel, Jackson and Warmoth Star shapes.. I really dig Charvel's shape but I've been hearing that Jackson's is a tad smaller and I believe that's what I'd like to go for.

I asked Warmoth if there was any way they could give me any measurements to give me an idea of the size, but they said they didn't have one available to measure. I was also told that their Star was modeled after Jackson's... but I still have NO idea as to the actual size of a Jackson or Warmoth star, just eyeballin' it here... Ideally I would love to have a better idea of the size of the Star I decide to use. Could anybody help me out by possibly providing measurements of a Jackson star or Warmoth body?

-Nichole

I've had all 3 types - Jackson, Charvel '83, and a Warmoth - and I didn't detect any noticeable size difference as far as overall length.

They were all roughly the same as my '84 Explorer, which isn't too far off from the current Explorers.

Upper fret access was not as good as an Explorer, however, because the Star is based on the Ibanez Destroyer. The lower front horn has a slightly steeper angle than a Gibson, and this is what makes upper fret access more difficult.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X