Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

i have no idea what year my guitar is, considering from the looks of it, it is a japanese import. it's a Jackson King V, and its all black. it has one tone control knob, came with Seymour Duncan humbuckers, Piranha inlays on the frets, 24 frets, 3 way tone control, but oddly enough, it DIDNT come with the floyd rose or locking nut. because all new models come without the inlays and Duncans, or they come with all that AND with the floyd rose. i have the serial number, but the official website doesnt list my serial number. its a bolt on neck, and has the plate on the back of it, and the serial number is "9669720", if anybody can figure out what year and other specs on my guitar such as wood types, that would be great! thanks

Pics would help a lot.

Just from the serial I can tell you it's made in Japan sometime in the mid 90s. Have you looked through the catalog scans? http://audiozone.dk/cm/jackson-charv...cans.php?cat=3
    Scott

Comment

Sounds like an early KVX10 body with a different neck on it.
      Got any pics?
      -Rick

Comment

It's most likely a parts mutt.
        The serial is from this decade - my guess is 2001 - but it only tells about the age of the neck plate. If you want to find out more, you can do so by taking the neck off. The japanese factory stamps every body and neck with the model name and production dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
          The serial is from this decade - my guess is 2001
          I thought all 9 numbers were 90s and the 0 numbers were 2000s? Is there a cutoff serial number that I should know?
          Scott

Comment

No... the leading 9 just means it was made in Japan.
            -Rick

Comment

+1
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                I thought all 9 numbers were 90s and the 0 numbers were 2000s? Is there a cutoff serial number that I should know?
                Back when the serials were 6 digits (the neck-throughs still are), the leading number indicated production year. 1 = 1991/2001, 2 = 1992/2002, etc. The bolt-ons lost that in 1996, when they went to 7 digit serials.

Like the other gentlemen stated, the leading nine indicates a japanese bolt-on, and the rest of the serial number is (probably) purely sequential. "96xxxxx" serials started in 1996. They rolled over to "97xxxxx" some time in 2003, and to "98xxxxx" in 2006.

Edit: 8 digit serials (including serials starting with a leading "0") are mostly guitars made in India. They used to follow the format: 99 = 1999, 00 = 2000, 01 = 2001, etc. It is also possible that the Korean Performer series used this format, but I have no way of verifying that. Since 2005, the indian serials are 10 digits, starting with the full production year; i.e. "2005xxxxxx".

Edit: Also, note that Charvel bolt-on serials follow a completely different format.
                Last edited by Sunbane; 02-28-2008, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Sunbane! Very informative post.
                  Scott

Comment

here's the image guys, its missing a knob, but its in great condition otherwise:

Comment

Just as I though... early KVX10. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=8
                      You said Piranha inlays which threw me off. Those are sharkies.
                      Looks like someone just did a pickup swap and took out the Duncan Designed pups.
                      -Rick

Comment

If you didn't know, why'd you post, ya doofus?

Leave the ser posts to the experts like Sunbane
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          If you didn't know, why'd you post, ya doofus?

Leave the ser posts to the experts like Sunbane
                          *sniff* I was just trying to help

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                            Just as I though... early KVX10. http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=51&pos=8
                            You said Piranha inlays which threw me off. Those are sharkies.
                            Looks like someone just did a pickup swap and took out the Duncan Designed pups.

they are Duncans dude, and sorry, my friend told me they were piranha. and also, do you know what year by any chance?

Comment

*sniff* I was just trying to help

Well, quit it. :ROTF:

Originally posted by Guitar_Freak91 View Post
                              and sorry, my friend told me they were piranha.
                              Well, I won't say your friend is an "idiot", just "misinformed"
                              Does he have a Jackson? Invite him here, so he may learn!

Originally posted by Guitar_Freak91 View Post
                              and also, do you know what year by any chance?
                              Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                              The serial is from this decade - my guess is 2001
                              What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar?What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar? What year is my guitar?

GAH!

Since KVX10 production moved from India to Japan for model year 2002 (and has remained MIJ), I'm gonna go with an early 2002, even though it may have been manufactured in late 2001.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X