Flame Fretboard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Fretboard...

Got a magazine with news from the Frankfurt guitar show (Musikmesse I think), and theres a picture of a DKMG with the new fancy flame fretboard. It looks ok. Looks a bit plasticky from the angle of the photo, but I havn't seen one in person yet.

James

(Doing my best to find a picture. I have it in a magazine but I dont have a scanner. If anyone in the UK is interested, its in this months "Guitar" magazine with EVH on the cover.)

[ April 27, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Re: Flame Fretboard...

Pic from Jacksons website

Comment

Yeah Ive seen that but what Im saying is this was a DKMGT with a reverse headstock. A version that no-one mentioned... Its not a DK2.

James

Comment

Thanks for info Jamse! Might go and flick through Guitar and What Guitar? In WHSmiths tomorrow. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This months Guitar Buyer looks good, I bought it on Saturday. Reviews of two Dean 79 Series, a Charvel Tradition, Fallen Angel 40 Watt Combo, Variax, Santa Cruz £12,000 custom jobby, some Tech 21 thingy and a bunch of other stuff. Quite a cool tone section (how to get classic tones) and a CD and DVD review section. Lynch has a new album out with bassist and vocalist Jeff Pilson, which definately looks cool and some other stuff. Myself I'm a Guitar Buyer man. I buy Guitar and Guitarist and never get round to learning any of the lessons, so now I save myself 2 quid and get more reviews and more gear. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Throw some sharkfins on there and I would be interested, really don`t care for the flames. Jack.

[ April 27, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Jack, that's what you already have!... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, Rodrigo the Black SL2H I ordered has 2 Humbuckers and this one here has a H/S/S combination and an Import, so they are somewhat different and my 1993 USA Archtop Solist is way different as you have seen. I wouldn`t mind having one of these Imports to experiment with, pickup tests!! The DK2 has crome hardware and the neck is really thin, nothing like the Soloist neck. If this one with the flames has the Dinky neck, all bets are off on my side, the Dinky neck is way too thin and flat for me to play [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

[ April 27, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Working...
              X