Charvel 650XL in catalogues (please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 650XL in catalogues (please)

guys, can I ask you a favor?... I would like to see the pictures of the catalogues from Jackson between 1989 and 1991 that show the charvel 650XL... does anybody have any scans from them that I can see?... please... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I looked at those pointed out in the other thread but the resolution was kinda low.

Re: Charvel 650XL in catalogues (please)

Just got mine in the mail today from Swillmaster!! Here's a link to this site where he took pics of it. I don't have any picks of it myself yet. Awesome guitar!!
    Charvel 650

Comment

yes, they are nice!... mine is a complete keeper...

why is it that he calls that one a "custom"?

Comment

I have no idea. It's a production guitar.
        There IS no custom when it comes to Japanese Charvels.

Comment

in the 90/91 catalogue, there is no 650XL, only the 650 Custom. It was just another model name. Like the Fusion Special, Fusion Deluxe, Fusion Custom, Fusion Plus that year.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, they were only made for like two years, and they had two names, 650XL, and 650 Custom. I think the way to tell the difference is the logo on the pickup covers. I dont know which, but one has a raised, moulded-into-the-cover logo, and the other has it silk-screened on.

James

Comment

I Have a '89 catalog here and it's called 650XL

Heres the text (Sorry no scanner)

650 XL - A custom version of the 550XL. This guitar uses the same active pickups and circuitry as the Classic Series 475 Special modle. The additional middle position pickup further increases the tonal variations. Jackson pearl inlays and bound rosewood fingerboard and headstock further enhance its already handsome appearance.

Finish Options: Snow White, Pearl Blue, Pearl Red, Magenta, Platinum, Desert Crackle, Metallic Black

FYI the pickups on the 475 Special refered above are. 2 J200 stacked singles, and a J50BC Humbucker.

Comment

Thanks Hotrodder...

hehehe... I got the Platinum finish, the coolest looking one by far!... dessert crackle?... hmmm... never seen one.

Comment

The one on the left is a Desert Crackle

From the JCF Gallery

Again Charvel/Jackson beats Fender to the punch in making a "relic" guitar. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine is the white one, and the letters on the pickup covers ARE raised, whatever it's worth!! Sweet guitar!!

Comment

IMO, The 650XL and the 750XL were the nice charvel imports ever made! I love the 650XL's...I own three of them!!
                      To answer the question about the diffenece between the 650XL and the 650 Custom...
                      The 650XL and the 650 Custom are the exact same guitars. The only diffenece is the years that they were made. If i remeber correctly, 650XL: 1989, 650 Custom: 1990-1991.

[ April 27, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: john ]

Comment

My 650 Custom is seriously one fo the nicest guitars I have ever played. It is 10x nicer than most USA guitars that I see around.

Comment

yeah, your 650 just needs that hedstock chip taken care of and you will have one of those you get buried with...

Comment

Right.
                            Well mines in that metallic metal-flake green. So that makes it a 650 Custom?....

Jamesy

Comment

After 12 years on this Earth, and all that guitar has is a headstock chip, and three minor dings that don't even flake the paint, that is damn near perfect in my book. I have seen brand new guitars in MUCH worse shape than the 650. I am totally pleased with it. It sits in the rack or on the bed when not being played, unlike all my other guitars which float about the room on their own. Nobody touches the 650 without me supervising. I am even perfecting a new technique of playing with socks on my hands!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X