Classifieds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds

I'm sad that the classifieds on this site are pretty much dead.They were never massive but they had some good stuff on them. Now that only Pt members can post in them there's only been like 20 some adds sence it was changed.
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

34 ads have been placed in the 2 weeks or so since the new format started. That's more than 2 a day, which isn't much less than what I remember from before. Will a few less people place ads? Maybe, but I think most people will just pony up the fee if they have a big-ticket item to sell or plan to sell multiple items. We'll most likely see fewer WTB ads, which will affect the total # of ads, but that isn't any major loss. I still have mixed feelings about the whole membership fee thing, even though I chose to do it, but I think it's pretty early to draw any conclusions.
    Last edited by dg; 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      34 ads have been placed in the 2 weeks or so since the new format started. That's more than 2 a day, which isn't much less than what I remember from before. Will a few less people place ads? Maybe, but I think most people will just pony up the fee if they have a big-ticket item or plan to sell multiple items. I still have mixed feelings about the whole membership fee thing, even though I chose to do it, but I think it's pretty early to draw any conclusions.
      all the adds went up the first few days now its just a trickle but I agree we'll have to wait and see

Comment

It does seem a bit more stale than before, I do check it every few hours or so since you can't see on the main page if a new one has been posted. But like dg said, it's probably around the same amount as before...

I've never had huge sucess selling here, but I didn't place a ton of ads either. So I'm cool with the peasant status...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
          all the adds went up the first few days now its just a trickle but I agree we'll have to wait and see
          Not really. You can see the post dates on the ads. It's actually only been 10 days, so more like 3 ads/day, and they're pretty well spread out up until Monday. Nothing yesterday or today, though. Here's the list view, which makes it easier to see:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/clas...at.php?cat=all

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            Not really. You can see the post dates on the ads. It's actually only been 10 days, so more like 3 ads/day, and they're pretty well spread out up until Monday. Nothing yesterday or today, though. Here's the list view, which makes it easier to see:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/clas...at.php?cat=all
            I'm not trying to argue exacts, you definitely got me beat in that respect I'm just saying it feals like its slowing down.

Comment

This ain't eBay.
              I never expected the classifieds to be flooded with stuff.
              Given the size of this forum, it would be unrealistic to expect to see new stuff everyday.
              -Rick

Comment

Sorry if I came off too argumentative. I never really kept track before & it very well may be slowing down. I actually thought it would start off even slower than this. I do think it will probably pick up as time goes by.

Comment

I like the really old classifieds where people would slam each other's ads

Now I have to go to the Seymour Duncan forums for a good laugh.

Comment

One thing that's interesting, it should keep down the noob posting spree to get to 100. They can have imediate access to the ads with the $20 fee. But who is going to pay that to just place an ad? Ebay is cheaper. So I think it will take a toll on the noobs here...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                      One thing that's interesting, it should keep down the noob posting spree to get to 100. They can have imediate access to the ads with the $20 fee. But who is going to pay that to just place an ad? Ebay is cheaper. So I think it will take a toll on the noobs here...
                      Huh. That's exactly what you said about me.
                      I still haven't put anything up in the classifieds.
                      And, probably won't for some time.

Comment

Cyg,
                        Well, you had the 3 month thing to contend with too. Since you got to 100 posts in 2 days, that 3 month deal kicked in...

Those that really want to be here will be here now. Noobs just looking to post ads can pony up the $20 or go to ebay. Should be refreshing...

Comment

Dead.

R.I.P.

Comment

I agree, it is too bad. I really liked it when we could discuss ads in the classifieds. That was one of my favorite parts of the site back then, and I frequently developed G.A.S., and bought and sold several items in the classifieds as result, all of which sales were very positive experiences.

I understand the reasoning behind the changes, but as the classifieds section has become more restrictive, it has become less fun, and I rarely visit the classifieds anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              Cyg,
                              Well, you had the 3 month thing to contend with too. Since you got to 100 posts in 2 days, that 3 month deal kicked in...

Those that really want to be here will be here now. Noobs just looking to post ads can pony up the $20 or go to ebay. Should be refreshing...
                              My opinion is to keep the 100 post/3 month wait even with the paid membership. It will help to keep the asshats at bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X