Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greets & Help with a Jackson restoration

G'day mates, i'm from Australia.

my name's Nath and i just wanted to introduce myself. i am a recent newcomer to all things Jackson as i played gibson and fender previously.

on my recent xmas holidays in california i picked up my first (playable) jackson from guitar centre due to a friend i know who could get me cost price there, it's a trans blue DK2

here's a family photo of my guitars

so the Restoration problem is: i was given a guitar that has made some Death Metal history over the last 10 years. this guitar has been through nearly every continent there is and has also sustained alot of injuries from the rough stage show and treks in general.

at one stage the bassist tackled the guitarist offstage in which the low E string tuning peg snapped off due to the top corner of the headstock so where the screw held the tuning peg in place is where it snapped through. so the piece of wood has been glued back on and the peg sits at a 45 degree angle now haha.

after that the guitar played well for another 6 months before the original trem rusted through from all the fake (and real) blood and snapped during a solo in france.

the guitar was retired and the band member asked me if i'd like it so in turn i swapped him a white epiphone V that i hadn't touched for 2 years. so i've gutted all of the old pickups out of it and it needs a total re-wire and pretty much a new everything that's steel haha

a dude from the megadeth forums was awesome enough to help me understand more about this guitar and actually had a bridge lying around that would fit it (since the body is skinnier than the normal dinky) which he gave me for the price of postage!

i also have 3 new pickups i'm waiting to put in there
    - Seymour Duncan custom custom humbucker for the bridge
    - diMarzio Chopper stacked humbucker for the middle
    - diMarzio Pro Track stacked humbucker for the neck

i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me exactly what model this is or gimme some more info, i'll post a pic of the serial number

rock on dudes
    Last edited by NATHCORE; 01-17-2008, 12:20 AM.

dude, that's a Stealth! Made in Japan in the early 90s

welcome to the JCF
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      dude, that's a Stealth! Made in Japan in the early 90s

welcome to the JCF
      awesome thanks

Toowoomba hey? i'm from southside Brisbane

Comment

yea, man. I moved up from Brissie a couple of years ago
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Just curious, what is the name of the band that it was used in?

Comment

Working...
          X