Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Case has BO!

Hey Boys,

One of my guitars arrived and the case just stinks of a "Acrid Sweet Filthy Home" smell. Super's sometimes have this smell to their Apartments.

Can you guys point me in the right direction of something that will get the smell out, but not harm the guitar?

I put bounce sheets in it for now, but didn't want to try anything else without asking here.

Thanks for any ideas!

Zombie

One thing that works for cigarette smell in cars is too crumble up a newspaper and throw it on the car floor for a week, and for some strange reason it absorbs bad odors, see if it works in your case.

Marc

Comment

what you could do is sprinkle baking soda all over the case let it sit for a day, then vacuum it a few times. i don't know if it will do anything to your guitar though.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I usually just leave them open and let my cats absorb it, lol. Isnt there something in bounce that you dont want absorbed by the lining? I seem to remember perhaps an old thread on that somewhere.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

I was told the reason some cases smell so bad is that the glue sometimes used is from horse parts. No bs. I actually talked to Paul Reed Smith about this topic. I guess the best thing to do is just air it out for a while.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Spray it with Febreze. You do have that over there? It works a treat on smelly stuff.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
              I usually just leave them open and let my cats absorb it, lol. Isnt there something in bounce that you dont want absorbed by the lining? I seem to remember perhaps an old thread on that somewhere.
              Funny thing you mention cats. I have 2 and my case was open without my supervision for like 1 minute and one was in there sharpening its claws.

That is a neat idea about the Newspaper, never heard of that before.

Febreze sounds like a good bet, just have to find a Febreze that I like I guess.

Thanks Boys!

Zombie

Comment

Use the Search function. This topic has been discussed quite a bit in the past.
                I like to use charcoal filters that you'd find in a pet store, either for a fish tank or cat litter box.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If it's the bad glue you're f*cked.
                  Strat God Music
                  http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
                    If it's the bad glue you're f*cked.
                    I hope not! It's a Jackson/Charvel Hardshell that can fit either a RR or a King V.

Zombie

Comment

You can try placing charcoal briquetes in the case, just not the ones that already have the lighter fluid in them. Charcoal does an amazing jobs absorbing bad smells. Every now and then I have to do it to my work boots, and it does a great job.

Comment

Working...
                      X