Smokin MODEL 1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin MODEL 1 question

I collect another JACKSON Model but I saw this 1986 CHARVEL MODEL 1 on eBay. The item location was right up the street from me. It was %100 per cent stock and the original case did NOT have that aged glue smell.

My QUESTION is 'What is this guitar?' and I mean 'was it made in USA?'

The neck is a full bodied CHARVEL and the frets are worn. There is a slight wear mark on the corner of the PICKUP but other than that, there isn't a pick-mark or swirl-mark on it.

The trem is a six screw trem, my least favorite but it works perfectly.

When I opened it up it still had that powdery dust in in the cavity.

CRUMMY phone-CAM pix. . . .
    Last edited by j4vice; 12-15-2007, 08:43 AM.
    JvicE

ur pic just says error. u got an ebay link? if its an 86 charvel model series, it was japan, tho they say fort worth texas on the neck plate - this was just the post box. they're damn good, loads of us have them. i've had 3 myself mod 2, mod 4, mod 3dr. 86 was the first year the model series were produced and they were excellent (the neck on my 87 mod 2 wasn't as nice for some reason, but the 88 3dr and my 86 mod 4(kahler trem) were damn good) . i assume this is a single hum one, as opposed to the model 1a which was basically a strat. but yes, they are great guitars, and were quite expensive too when they were introduced (i think a mod 4 was like about 800 quid). very well made.

Comment

Japan eh . . . I can't wait to get a USA CHARVEL someday.

This MODEL 1 is a "player". I can't put it down, thicker neck, six-screw treem and all.

This stock PU is beautiful sounding! Clean or OVER-DRIVE
      Last edited by j4vice; 12-15-2007, 08:44 AM.
      JvicE

Comment

Yes, that's a Japanese model 1. Well made and consistent.

I have 2 of them. That's great if you like the pickup...I think most people change them out.
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

You'll be happy with it. The Model 1's are getting hot in popularity.
          I have a Model 88 and it absolutely smokes.

Comment

The model 1 with a maple fingerboard is the tits.The pickup is a J-90c and they are outstanding.Those rock IMO.Very high quality guitars.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
              Yes, that's a Japanese model 1. Well made and consistent.

I have 2 of them. That's great if you like the pickup...I think most people change them out.

I have a Model 1C I have to say the neck pickups put out some great sounds this thing is a lot more versatile than most people think (albeit I like the single bridge pickup look more).

Agree on the bridge pickup though... swap for at least a JB or whatever your preference.

Comment

I just went to the local M&P GUITAR store where I was able to match the string saddle's ALLEN WRENCH and TRUSS ROD wrench.
                Some new stringS and screwed the trem in so it hardly pulls-up.
                This neck is BLAZING. I got it to play like a PRS. It does have some meat to it compared to my 24-fret JACKSONs but it's a CHARVEL MIJ.
                It is very light too.
                Thanks for the knowledge. I honestly got this guitar to have a PICK-UP tester. A guitar I could listen to all the HUMBUCKERS I got lying around. There's no 'splitter so it doesn't take to long to load and test. The guitar is way to 'stock' and it's finish is almost SHOW-ROOM condition.
                Last edited by j4vice; 12-17-2007, 10:06 AM.
                JvicE

Comment

Model 1s are very sought after so please don't booger it up.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I find it HARD to read your posts without RAISING my voice every now and then.

I kid
                    Nice guitar!
                    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

I know
                      Last edited by j4vice; 12-17-2007, 02:27 PM.
                      JvicE

Comment

Nice axe man.
                        And very rare to find one that's %100 per cent stock.
                        Enjoy!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

thats awesome dude, hope you enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                          X