Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAS related...does anyone else share this feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS related...does anyone else share this feeling?

You spot something...research it...decide to go for it...and then buy
    it, wait the 3 to 7 days for delivery...and your almost tired of it before
    you play it!
    This is my question.. I have found that if you have to wait for
    something... back ordered.. maybe having it custom built.. or just
    tight on $'s... the anticipation is better than the quick GAS relief?
    Am i saying this right? That the axes that take at least a month
    to acquire... are actually sweeter, in the long run, than a quick Ebay
    "your the winning bidder"...conquest?
    Maybe that 18 to 26 month wait for a Charvel/Jackson Custom shop
    IS a good thing? Keeps your mind occupied and "into the quest" for
    much longer! This "Catch and Release" program that some of us do
    might just be because EBAY and the internet, and fast shipping make
    purchases happen too quickly? Your thoughts?

I Want My Tbk Sl@h!
    Last edited by anuske9; 11-28-2007, 07:55 PM.
    -Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      You spot something...research it...decide to go for it...and then buy
      it, wait the 3 to 7 days for delivery...and your almost tired of it before
      you play it!
      This is my question.. I have found that if you have to wait for
      something... back ordered.. maybe having it custom built.. or just
      tight on $'s... the anticipation is better than the quick GAS relief?
      Am i saying this right? That the axes that take at least a month
      to acquire... are actually sweeter, in the long run, than a quick Ebay
      "your the winning bidder"...conquest?
      Maybe that 18 to 26 month wait for a Charvel/Jackson Custom shop
      IS a good thing? Keeps your mind occupied and "into the quest" for
      much longer! This "Catch and Release" program that some of us do
      might just be because EBAY and the internet, and fast shipping make
      purchases happen too quickly? Your thoughts?
      No its not!!!! I want gear now
      Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

I've already waited 23 years for my Kelly. I could do without the six month wait now that it is actually ordered.

Comment

I get this, but not with guitars.

I am a bit OCD and I go through phases where I am all into something and then, I couldn't care less just. I go through that with music mostly. I mean, I'll be all about a band for like 3 months and then pick up another band and be all into them. I have a rotation of about 8 bands that I do this over a period of about 2 years.

This year I was all about "Kittie" (don't laugh, they are killer!) and saw them all over Ontario and NY State. I met them and got tons of pictures each time and loads of autographs. The last time I saw them was Halloween and drink with us after the show. Kinda neat when that thing happens.

Anyways, I am in my Megadeth phase now and have been listening to them for a month solid now. This will go on for another month at least, then probably White Zombie again as I'm feeling the music creep on through.

So, not with guitars, but with music. It's always the same bands, sometimes just a different line in the rotation.

I have been waiting 2 weeks for my 2 Jackson's to arrive and am getting giddy. I love eBay and love the God like power I feel when I win a bit. My pants get tight when I know that I have a package just for me on the way and the Super Turbo Lucky Happiest thing I could get is a Tracking number for that package. I track packages like a man possessed. When I see that it is "out for delivery" I snap!

The only problem is these last 2 sellers forgot to give me tracking numbers so everyday is hell. I also Hijacked a Canada Post truck yesterday feeling my guitars were on board and he just didn't want to give them to me.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.... What I mean to say is yes... I know what you mean!

Zombie

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post

I am a bit OCD and I go through phases where I am all into something and then, I couldn't care less just. I go through that with music mostly. I mean, I'll be all about a band for like 3 months and then pick up another band and be all into them. I have a rotation of about 8 bands that I do this over a period of about 2 years.

This year I was all about "Kittie" (don't laugh, they are killer!) and saw them all over Ontario and NY State. I met them and got tons of pictures each time and loads of autographs. The last time I saw them was Halloween and drink with us after the show. Kinda neat when that thing happens.

Anyways, I am in my Megadeth phase now and have been listening to them for a month solid now. This will go on for another month at least, then probably White Zombie again as I'm feeling the music creep on through.

So, not with guitars, but with music. It's always the same bands, sometimes just a different line in the rotation.

I have been waiting 2 weeks for my 2 Jackson's to arrive and am getting giddy. I love eBay and love the God like power I feel when I win a bit. My pants get tight when I know that I have a package just for me on the way and the Super Turbo Lucky Happiest thing I could get is a Tracking number for that package. I track packages like a man possessed. When I see that it is "out for delivery" I snap!

The only problem is these last 2 sellers forgot to give me tracking numbers so everyday is hell. I also Hijacked a Canada Post truck yesterday feeling my guitars were on board and he just didn't want to give them to me.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.... What I mean to say is yes... I know what you mean!

Zombie
            and i know exactly what YOU mean! ahah
            except there's a few bands i can never just put away
            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post

Zombie
              Megadeth Rust in Peace !!!!
              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

hah, "gas released"
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I've kinda know what you mean , I've got GAS in reverse because I'm tighter than two coats of paint.
                  I'll see a guitar on the bay, bore my wife to tears talking about how I'm going to buy it, talk myself into it, out of it, into it , finally wont bid, kick myself for not putting in a bid when it ends at a reasonable price, then go onto the bay, bore my wie to tears talking about it.....and so on!

I keep telling myself that I'm waiting for "the one" to come around , I'll but it and finally be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                    I've kinda know what you mean , I've got GAS in reverse because I'm tighter than two coats of paint.
                    I'll see a guitar on the bay, bore my wife to tears talking about how I'm going to buy it, talk myself into it, out of it, into it , finally wont bid, kick myself for not putting in a bid when it ends at a reasonable price, then go onto the bay, bore my wie to tears talking about it.....and so on!

I keep telling myself that I'm waiting for "the one" to come around , I'll but it and finally be happy!
                    *** LOL Maybe its a Scottish thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      *** LOL Maybe its a Scottish thing?
                      I deserve that!!

Comment

no, not me.
                        once i order a guitar/amp/effects etc i start counting the seconds that separate me from them.
                        and when i get the stuff, that`s when the real fun begins...

Comment

Originally posted by eiopago View Post
                          no, not me.
                          once i order a guitar/amp/effects etc i start counting the seconds that separate me from them.
                          and when i get the stuff, that`s when the real fun begins...
                          +1 The only thing I'm burned out on, is the problems with the shipping carriers. Shipping delay's, cue times, damaged items and Customs problems. It doesn't really matter on who you use, UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc. It makes you want to take a vacation
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                          X