Jackson model number confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson model number confusion

I've spent some time on this forum, and am still confused when it comes to import Jackson guitars.

Has anyone taken the time to list the various models, and what the list price was, which ones are desirable/players/rare, that kind of thing.

For example, I bought a cheap Jackson Dinky import off E-Bay for my son two years ago, then installed a Jackson trem/locking nut on it, upgraded the bridge pickup to an Ibanez V8 (15 bucks), and he loves it.

Frankly, it's a killer little axe, plays very nice, and we did it for under 200 bucks.

But I still have no cue when cruising E-Bay for Jacksons... unless it says made in USA, San Dimas, Ontario, or something obvious like that, the imports are confusing.

Can someone post a primer, or point me to a link that will educate me in a hurry?

Seems like there are so many models, and so many opinions, someone must have broken it all down into something that could make sense to a newbie like myself.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Catalog scans at the top of this section.Click it and all is right there.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Post a pic & serial #
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
      X