Hello...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello...

I just wanted to introduce myself. I finally decided to join after roaming in the shadows for sometime.

I have always owned "Traditional" guitars (Gibson and Fenders), but this past summer I took my son to see Ratt, Poison and White Lion, then later Queensryche and I found myself thinking about Charvels and Jacksons quite alot. Well, I pulled the trigger on a Model 3 the other day and I am waiting for her to be delivered!

I have no idea what I have gotten myself into, but I thought I should seek out others that "dream" about these guitars and know what their doing!

Let me be the first to say Congratulations!

And Welcome
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You're going to love it!

Comment

Welcome, and the Model Series Charvels are great guitars. The trem is the one area that's generally considered 'weak', but they're not bad, just not as good as an OFR...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am assuming that "OFR" stands for Original Floyd Rose?

I was wondering, I payed under $300 for my Model 3, it is in really minty condition, original (except for bridge pick up), non-Kahler trem, red w/rosewood board and is in a tweed case. Did I do okay?

Comment

1. Yes
            2. Bit on the high side
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome Bangkok!

It sounds like we both came to the right place!

Good on you for your Jackson purchase, I don't think you will regret it....

Zombie

Comment

Thanks Zombie, I don't think I'll regret it!

I do have to say that I have never played a "Shredder" guitar, so it will be an adjustment, I'm sure. It should be delivered tomorrow (Monday)! I can't wait!

Comment

Hey Guys, I got my Model 3 today! I hope I am posting the picture correctly? She seems to be in really nice shape and the tweed case was in really good shape also. Now, I need to figure out how to work this contraption!

Comment

Originally posted by bangkok View Post
                    I just wanted to introduce myself. I finally decided to join after roaming in the shadows for sometime.

I have always owned "Traditional" guitars (Gibson and Fenders), but this past summer I took my son to see Ratt, Poison and White Lion, then later Queensryche and I found myself thinking about Charvels and Jacksons quite alot. Well, I pulled the trigger on a Model 3 the other day and I am waiting for her to be delivered!

I have no idea what I have gotten myself into, but I thought I should seek out others that "dream" about these guitars and know what their doing!
                    Jackson's have a different feel and sound to Gibson's and Fender's, yet are a fantastic guitar anyway....in a league of their own I feel. Ideal for hard rock and metal (that's what they were initially designed for), their necks have a nice feel and are ideal for fast playing....often a hallmark of a metal guitarist. You can't go wrong with a Jackson....you should be proud of yourself!

WhiteWolf
                    I ain't no rocker!

Comment

Hey Bangkok,

For a minute I thought you had posted a pic of one of my guitars! Your Model 3 looks alot like my Jackson PS2, except that mine's burgundy. Easy guitars to play too....you'll be fine and rock on!
                      I ain't no rocker!

Comment

Nice guitar bangkok!
                        That's a real tone machine, and looks very clean.
                        Welcome to the addition!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

sweet geet

I hope to have my 475 on saturday

Comment

Thanks guys! I stayed up all night playing her, I haven't done that since my last girlfriend! Man it was fun

Comment

It's hard to tell without close up pics, but it looks almost like it's new. It surprises me that there are so many model series guitars in such great shape. I love that shade of red. Nice buy and a good price. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X