Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck

Alright lads
    Am I right in thinking that all Jackson necks apart form the PC1 and 3 are either painted or laquered?.... (I mean the back of the neck, as opposed to the fretboard, to avoid confusion)
    Thanks

James

Re: Neck

No. Some of the necks are oiled. I do believe the current WR1 has an oiled neck, not sure.
    Anyhoo, why? You looking for a raw neck? Those things are high-maintenance.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Doesn`t the current DK1 have an oiled neck? I know my old 1991 Jackson USA Fusion did, I sold it because the neck was way too thin for me, but it was way cool!! I may order a short scale Soloist one of these days [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

[ April 20, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

All the bolt on necks are oiled. that includes all the imports and the USA PC1 and DK1 and the WR-1 (neck thru) is alost oiled or at least unpainted. I think that's it. the NEck thru imports have painted necks

Comment

Does the SL2H MAH have an oiled neck? At guitar express it show a SL2H MAH in a natural finish flame maple top and on the backside its got the mahogany wood and neck. Is this on all SL2H MAH's?

Comment

Originally posted by the_drip:
            All the bolt on necks are oiled. that includes all the imports and the USA PC1 and DK1 and the WR-1 (neck thru) is alost oiled or at least unpainted. I think that's it. the NEck thru imports have painted necks
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the imports just have a satin finish on them and are not actually oiled.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Aah.
              No its not that I want a raw neck, quite the opposite. I dont like that feeling, and cos theres hardly any Jacksons to check out over here, I wanted to know before I ordered one or got a neck off ebay etc. I prefer either painted or gloss lacquered necks like on my Charvels...

Jamesy

Comment

You can order one with a finished neck, but it will no doubt be a custom shop thing at that point. I have a late 80's Ontario bolt on neck factory finished black. I don't know how common that is though.

Comment

Working...
                X