Considering a RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a RR3

Played one at our local GC and and though it felt a bit wierd balance wise, I really liked the overall sound and playability. The necks seem so short compared to my Dean's and Gibson's

The one I played was a setneck Japanese made one and they were asking $999 for it. It has been in the store for about 2 years now so I am wondering if the price is too high, especially if you can get a US one for a couple $100 bucks more

Impressions and opinions wanted

Thanks,

Ron
    2001 Les Paul Standard
    2010 Explorer '76 RI
    1988 Charvel Model 3

That sounds like an RR5 to me... RR3's are bolt on necks...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stump View Post
      Played one at our local GC and and though it felt a bit wierd balance wise, I really liked the overall sound and playability. The necks seem so short compared to my Dean's and Gibson's

The one I played was a setneck Japanese made one and they were asking $999 for it. It has been in the store for about 2 years now so I am wondering if the price is too high, especially if you can get a US one for a couple $100 bucks more

Impressions and opinions wanted

Thanks,

Ron
      The only way your getting a USA for a couple hundred more is used or from a really nice friend thats a dealer. Like mentioned earlier, it was probably an RR5. RR3's also have a locking tremolo. The RR5 is a very solid guitar and worth $999 out the door new. If it's been there for 2 years or so, offer $925 and see if they nibble.

Comment

...and rr5 is not set neck it is neck thru.

Comment

My mistake, it is a neck-thru RR5

Yeah, I do have a dealer friend that offered me a very good price, like $20 over cost

I have my eye on a older USA BC Rich Bich also so I have been doing some number crunching and much debating
          2001 Les Paul Standard
          2010 Explorer '76 RI
          1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Yeah, $1000 for a rr3 i'd tell them no wonder it stays in the store so long!!

So, what's in your "other assorted worthless rack toys" ? just curious
            .... and doesn't Joe Stump (the real one) play full-neck scalloped ESP strats?
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

ZZounds has black RR5's for $699....

Comment

Originally posted by delt View Post
                Yeah, $1000 for a rr3 i'd tell them no wonder it stays in the store so long!!

So, what's in your "other assorted worthless rack toys" ? just curious
                .... and doesn't Joe Stump (the real one) play full-neck scalloped ESP strats?
                Correct, he needs to get some pointy guitars in his arsenal. His and Yngwie's style heavily influence my playing and I catch a lot of flack over it since there is a lot of neo-classical naysayers out there but I could care less I have fun and that's all that counts

My 9 year old is already learning to shred LOL, kid amazes me since the Fender Strat that he wanted is almost as big as him. He gets formal lessons which I did not have, my baby boomer parents were not very supportive of a kid w/ hair down to his ass

Shredding hard since 1985

I like Joe since I first heard him and he is not as an arrogant sumbitch as Yngwie who I met a couple of times and actually was quite cool

As for the worthless stuff, Rocktron Piranha, Rocktron Power Station, Rocktron Intellifex, Furman power conditioner, Alexis Compressor, Behringer Pro Compressor, some ADA stuff I got for free when I lived in Rochester and some pedals laying around, my favorite (when I use any) is my original Tube Screamer

You can tell by the list that I am a Judas Priest fan also

I play straight through my heads now w/ the Eventide H3000-E so the other stuff is boxed up for possible future use again if I decide to play out live again

At 43 w/ 4 kids, thats not likely anytime soon
                2001 Les Paul Standard
                2010 Explorer '76 RI
                1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

BTW, GC looked up their cost for me and it was around $750 for the RR :ROTF: guess they don't get preferential wholesale pricing
                  2001 Les Paul Standard
                  2010 Explorer '76 RI
                  1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Working...
                  X