refinishing a Jackson headstock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refinishing a Jackson headstock

I have a Jackson neck that has alot of the tip broke off. (and I don't have the missing piece) If I send it to GMW to get it fixed, will they put a Jackson logo on it since it was an original?

Re: refinishing a Jackson headstock

Chances are they wont even have to touch the logo.

Comment

I should have put that in the original post. The logo is still in good shape, but i didn't no if they would have to strip the original to make it look good.

Comment

They would probably repair it, airbrush matching color just on the repair, clearcoat the whole shebang, and finally level sand the clear and buff out. This would tie it all into together.

Comment

i just had a soloist re-fined and changed the logo color from white to red, so i think if they need to they will re logo it for you
          jon

Comment

Do you remember how much it cost?

Comment

I got an email back today from Lee at GMW, and he said they do not do headstocks anymore. Know any one else who is doing it?

Comment

Anyone else have an idea of who might be refinishing headstocks?

Comment

Hmmm, that's funny... I just Emailed Lee the other day about a restoration on a San Dimas Charvel neck the other day, mine needs a new fretboard, refret and dressing and also inlcuding a headstock fix much like your describing. He told me the headstock fix would cost $100.00 and they can preserve the logo.. He did say that, however, that you would be able to see the splice on the back of the headstock..... Wonder why he told you that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ......

Check out the Classifieds section, Jonsgon has a USA Jackson neck for sale for $150.00. If Lee's gonna charge $100.00 for a fix, that might be an option...

[ April 26, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Stephan ]

Comment

Stephan, you are talking about a major overhaul on your guitar, not a simple headstock refin. Its no wonder that GMW would take on your repair, and not the simple hs repair/refin. GMW does not do partial refins, anyway, which just the hs would be. They are the absolute best, the reason that they can't take on small projects like this is because their workload is just huge.

Comment

Working...
                    X