The Ultimate Sin Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Sin Tone

Yep. First, get Jake's guitar, his amp, the mixer they used, and the engineer who worked the board and did the final mix.
    Then get the ability to mimic Jake's tone.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: The Ultimate Sin Tone

lotsa mids, almost no lows...basically a thin marshall tone...or you could try newc's way...lol...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Ya know, this was the album that turned me on to Ozzy! But I would have to say that while the playing was phenomenal, the sound was POOR, and the tone was therefore also POOR. I liked Jake's work on Ozzy's albums, but his sound was soooo EFFECTED-out that it was hard to hear it in the mix. I'm pretty sure he was using modded Marshall Super Lead Plexis on Ozzy's stuff - and obviously a TON of effects, although I'm not sure if they were on-board or if they were added on in the mixdown.

But Newc is right - it's pretty tough to mimic "album tone" cuz they often used so many amps, guitars, etc., etc., in the studio that they didn't use live. Just as a for instnace - when is the last time you saw the Metallica guys using Teles? Or boutique amps? In the studio, yes, but live, no.

Comment

Don't forget the chorus pedal!
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The top 2 strings on the guitar were tuned up a whole step on Shot in the Dark.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
            Yep. First, get Jake's guitar, his amp, the mixer they used, and the engineer who worked the board and did the final mix.
            Then get the ability to mimic Jake's tone.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok. Got all that. Now what? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer:
              The top 2 strings on the guitar were tuned up a whole step on Shot in the Dark.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Low E tuned to F#, A tuned to B. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Ultimate Sin Tone

Does anyone know how to get the tone Jake E. Lee had on The Ultimate Sin w/ Ozzy?

Comment

Working...
                X