INTRODUCTION TO THE BOARD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTRODUCTION TO THE BOARD

I'm an 80s guitar player who believes that to loud to hard to fast is never enough and that talent is actually important to music LOL.
    I play only Model 6s and SL1s (soon will have pics of my collection) I use a Marshall 2210 (1984) with a celestian cab (GM 75s i believe)
    a rack with minimal effects and a undisclosed dear to me preamp. My TONE is Thick, Heavy and cuts through everything (spent 20yrs to get this Tone, it's worth it)
    My favorite players are R. Rhoads, J. Satriani, Impellitteri and Y. Malmsteen.
    Now that I'm old enough to fart dust I only play what I like however my playing isn't what it used to be but every so often I can do a little scale/arp. shredding
    Maybe I need a better grader LOL
    I think This board is great, it has a lot of good info.
    what does everyone else here use?

Re: INTRODUCTION TO THE BOARD

Thats great, you'll fit right in!
    i use sl2h with a marshall and some stomp boxes

Comment

Various USA Jacksons (Rhoads, Dinky, Fusion, Warrior) various import Jacksons (Roswell Rhoads, Dinky, Japanese-market SLS), and two Gibsons (LP and Explorer) through an ADA MP-1/Digitech TSR-12 combo and a neat little tube poweramp I just got called Twister. 15 watts and screams like my 100W Fender head [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to Gear Wh0re Heaven! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I play a lefty charvel 475 through a Peavey Triumph 120 tube amp. No effects. Just me guitar, me cord, and me amp. I do have a lefty SL2H on order. That will be my first Jackson.

Comment

I play an Ibanez Jem 7VWH, Ibanez RG3120TW, and a Jackson Dinky Reverse tuned to D through a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah through my Carvin Legacy halfstack!!

I also have a Jackson RR3 and a MIM Sambora strat on E Bay.

This is, INDEED, gear wh0re heaven! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Welcome to the board!

Comment

I use an SL2H through a Ibanez SM7 Smash Box into my little Hughes & Kettner Edition Blonde. I also use a V-Amp2.

Welcome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I play a Jackson JDR-94 into a Marshall VS100.

No effects. Straight in.

Comment

Did someone say "Gear wh0re Heaven"? LOL.

I've currently got a San Dimas Rhoads (my main axe since I bought it new in '85), a Custom Shop RR Tribute V (many thanks Brett), a USA Jackson Fusion, 3 Vandenbergs, 2 Nightswans, a Hamer Vintage S, a Fender Strat Ultra, a PRS Custom 24, a Gibson SG Special, Ovation Elite 6 & 12-string acoustics, a Washburn RR-150, a Washburn EA-36 acoustic, a Jackson Kip Winger bass and have on the way one of those really cool 36-fret Washburn EC-36s.

The rack consists of either an ADA MP-2, Digitech GSP 2101 Limited Edition or ART SGX 2000 Express into a Boogie 2:90 and a pair of stereo Crate 2x12 cabs. For good measure I've also got a Marshall Jubilee stack and Fender 2x12 DeVille hanging around.

And if Newc hooks me up I'll soon have a sacraficial Fusion on which to mount that god-awful Roland hex pickup for the VG-88 I'll be picking up this summer.

Yep, welcome to Gear wh0re Heaven, there seem to be lots of like-minded folks around. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: YetAnotherOne ]
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hey Coinspinner, Welcome to the board!
                  I collect Charvel 650's. The 650's are just like your Model 6's, but they have some slight difference's. I have a 5150 head going into a Marshall cab, But I'm selling both for a Roland Jazz Chorus.

Comment

'Bout time you got here! We've all been waiting to post - have you no consideration for others?!

Since your finally here, what size straightjacket do you wear? Buckles in the back OK?

BTW: It is quite uncouth to talk about your guitars WITHOUT POSTING PICTURES!! We need 'mo eye candy, Coin (if that is your real name).

How do we know your not really twin-girls pretending to be an 80s guitar player who believes that to loud to hard to fast is never enough and that talent is actually important to music? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

maybe i'm all three but if i were twins i would never find the time to post LOL
                      and pics will be posted soon

There is an excellent array of Equipment
                      on here thanks for the replies

Comment

Welcome to the board mr. dirt farter. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I too treat dirt the same way...

I'm a lefty and play either my SL1 or SL2H with just a little of Stealth on the side. My main amp is a TSL100 w/4x12 25watt greenbackers. I also use a MBoogie MKIV when I'm feeling a little naughty. For my effects, I use a BOSS GT-6 processor.

joe...
                        www.godwentpunk.com
                        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

hit my website to see what i use as well as check out some tunes...d.m.

www.devanenet.com
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Coinspinner:

Ok, I am also pretty new around here but somewhat active...

When I started posting my rig was not very impressive but the power of competition is got me going...

I play:

An SL-2H baby snake with SDs (all stock, staying that way!)

A Charvel 650XL fitted with EMGs SA/SA/81 and an EXG circuit

My rack is a baby of this forum... everyone put suggestions there... basically, Rocktron Voodo Valve with a BBE 422A, Mesa 50/50 through one of those cabinets that explode if you play boyband music through them.

Welcome dude but if you talk about shredding here you gotta post mp3's to show it.

[ April 20, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Welcome fellow Gear Wh0re!!!!!
                              I currently play mostly Jackson/Charvels from a '92 Stealth Pro and a Kelly Pro to a SL1 Eeeriedessantswirl among 13 others. (2 more Stealths, Two Fusions, Model 6,model 3, model4 neck on a strat body, A 76 LP custom, an Epi LP custom modded, A Dean Bel Aire extremely heavily modded, A Us Dean Z, A Japanese Dean Baby ML, A 98 Strat plus,86 SL2H, a Jackson Strat with a Custom Shop Lightning Sky Graphic. A San Dimas Strat Head Charvel. I know Im missing some but thats most of them. I play any of those thru a Rockman XP100 combo in stereo thru a Alesis Quardverb, a Microverb,a Ibanez DD700 delay, and a bunch of Boss effects. MT2,PS2,NS2,Vox wah, Arion dd2, Boss PQ4. And a few other things. for fun. Like an MXR Flanger. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              Gil
                              Permanant residant of Gear Wh0re Heavan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X