Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help to ID a body

Hello
    I recently picked this body up on Ebay. It is my entry into the Jackson world, a guitar style I have admired for some time.

There is a number printed inside the neck joint. It's hard to read the first number I think it's a 6 then KJ490 if that helps.
    I think it maybe a cheaper model since it has the Wilkinson style trem? Any help would be great. Thanks again,
    "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
    Zakk Wylde

Not a J/C body IMO lets see a pic of the back.Vol & tone knobs not far enough back.3 way not in right location.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Not a J/C body IMO lets see a pic of the back.Vol & tone knobs not far enough back.3 way not in right location.
      Could be one of those Musician's Friend exclusive models from the late '90s. I got a Dinky Reverse body off ebay that had the controls just like that (and I had the MF catalog which indeed showed two Dinky Reverse models with that control layout).
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This was a non-recessed floyd?
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Here is a pic of the back.
          "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
          Zakk Wylde

Comment

Not a Jackson with that control cavity shape.

Comment

Ha ha I feel dumb. At least I didn't pay too much for it. Thanks for the info!
              Zakk Wylde

Comment

It's an older JS20 body.
                Came with a 2 point fulcrum vtrem and the electronics cavity covers were not recessed.
                The first guitar (red) is an older JS20.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 10-18-2007, 11:42 PM.
                -Rick

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. The cavity cover looks really weird for a C/J. Maybe it's just the pic?

Comment

Those bumps in the route are normally where the recessed plate would screw on. Since it's not recessed, the bumps got painted, thus making them more noticeable.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Makes sense.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. Would this be an indian cedar body like the JS20's are made out of now? In your opinion are these decent body quality wise?
                        Zakk Wylde

Comment

I dont believe they used Cedro that far back. Its more of a recent thing iirc.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

They have used Cedro for quite a while.I have an older Cedro dinky body and it sounds just fine tone wise.The wood grain is fugly and has dark spots here and there so trans finishes don't look so good up close.
                            The wood has a fiberous grain and needs tons of grain filler if yoy want a smooth finish.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                            X