Best for seated playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best for seated playing?

Realizing it's a bit of a subjective question, I'd like some input. I like the Kelly, but as mentioned in many other threads, it's not all that easy to get comfortable with for seated playing.

Strats seem comfortable to me both seated and standing, so I assume a Soloist would be as well. Dinky - better or worse? Other models?

I play seated about 95% of the time. I don't have easy access to many different Jackson models locally, so I'd appreciate your comments.

Gracias!
    Can't talk little man? Bet can't play none, either...

IMHO...I think the Kelly gets a bad rap that way. I find mine quite comfortable to play while sitting.

Comment

+1, although seating it on my right thigh makes my right arm achey after awhile.

Comment

RR (and most likely King V too). I can't play seated with soloists/strat shapes...

Comment

generally anything as long as it's light - heavy guitars cut off circulation to the legs

Comment

FWIW I found the warrior a really comfortable guitar to play seated, the mini horn at the back hooks right round your leg

Comment

I find the Kelly plays well when seated actually. The only problem I found is the top horn tended to jab into my stomach for some strange reason so it got quite uncomfortable after a while. Maybe I was hunched over it a bit too much...

There won't be any neck diving issues when seated because your right forearm rests on the body and this counterbalances the guitar.

The Kelly is a great shape and sounds very solid and chunky. I would recommend it except for the stomach jabbing problem.. but that may just be me. Also, strat-style shapes are very common. The Kelly is a bit more exotic..and you might like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                RR (and most likely King V too). I can't play seated with soloists/strat shapes...
                Surprising as that seems to be the opposite of what most feel..me included. I would have to play a RR like a classical guitarist..at that
                30 degree angle. I dug the Kelly for seating comfort. My next one is
                going to be a Kelly i think

Comment

Im just happy knowing that im not the only one sitting down on this forum! But then im 53, so i get a pass on standing all the time.

Comment

I really dislike the Kelly and Warrior for sitting. Rhoads is possible, but I feel the KV is the most comfortable because of the longer lower horn.
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

i think the kelly is comfortable while playing sitting
                      don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
                      http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...597cebb139.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        I would have to play a RR like a classical guitarist..at that
                        30 degree angle.
                        Exactly. And the classical position is the correct one, not resting the guitar on your right leg. They teach you this in school too. When you play standing up, you have the guitar at about 30° angle...why not play it like that when sitting down too?

Comment

Yeah I do classical as well with my KV.
                          KV's (v shaped one in general KV's , RR's ) are the most comfortable for me.
                          Don't like putting anything under my right arm. My right shoulder gets tired quickly.

Comment

i this my RR is the most comfortable to play sitting down than any other guitar ive played

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                              Exactly. And the classical position is the correct one, not resting the guitar on your right leg. They teach you this in school too. When you play standing up, you have the guitar at about 30° angle...why not play it like that when sitting down too?
                              +1K
                              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                              X