Jackson factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson factory

I went to the factory in ontario yesterday, it was so cool. This guy Mike gave me a tour of the whole place and showed me the different stages of how they make the guitars. It was crazy, soooo many beautiful guitars everywhere i went, it was like heaven!! I saw the guy who does all the custom paint jobs and i saw the guy who plays every USA Select and custom shop guitar before it leaves the factory. It was really cool there and the people there are really cool too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson factory

Hi Omeed, been there myself back in January. I even grabbed a bit of "Jackson Sawdust" off the floor then bagged it in a Ziplock bag. When I got back home I gave some of it to two other guitarists who are friends of mine [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I took close to 200 or so pictures while I was there too. Its a great place to visit! They need to adopt me or something [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Rudy, do you have those pics online anywhere?

Comment

My SL2H is supposed to be ready in early June. Its a left handed lightening Sky. I wonder if the guy who you met is going to test it, or if they get someone left handed for those [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
          My SL2H is supposed to be ready in early June. Its a left handed lightening Sky.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's the lightening sky graphic? Is that where the sky goes from light to dark? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Otherwise, it would be lightning sky (lightning in the sky coming out of the clouds). [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

maybe its enlightening sky. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
              My SL2H is supposed to be ready in early June. Its a left handed lightening Sky. I wonder if the guy who you met is going to test it, or if they get someone left handed for those [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good question!! Maybe:

A) He's ambidextrous

or:

B) He's just checking for action and lack
              of fret buzz, and proper function of electronics and hardware. He doesn't
              really have to fluently play to do that, though it would take a righty a
              few more moments to properly check a
              lefty.

Just my .02 worth.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                He doesn't really have to fluently play to do that...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I could get a job there! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yep, you just flip it over. The first couple of times you try to play a lefty guitar you'll want to just smash the damn thing. Then you're realise exactly why lefties get pissed when people tell them "Just learn to play a right handed guitar." [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Makovai, when did you order your SL2H? The reason I ask is, I ordered my SL2H(Black) in August, and it still isn`t done, according to my local Music Store [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] That is 8 months, is this normal, or just my dealer having no pull [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                      Makovai, when did you order your SL2H? The reason I ask is, I ordered my SL2H(Black) in August, and it still isn`t done, according to my local Music Store [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] That is 8 months, is this normal, or just my dealer having no pull [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I ordered mine last month, but the dealer I'm using says he orders between 10-20 jacksons a month so he has alot of pull......either that or he's full of alot of bull [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, are you still waiting for your SL2H? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I remember that you ordered it quite some time before I ordered mine, I got mine after 6 weeks, and I live in Sweden!!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I feel sorry for you, it's not fun waiting 8 months for a guitar...

I'm sure your dealer could push a little a get it quite soon, that's what mine did, and it worked! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hope you get it as soon as possible!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks guys!! I wonder if there is any way to get my deposit back and buy one form Onlinestagegear? Anmybody know any tricks to get my money back(without penalty) and buy off a respectfull dealer? I don`t want to do this, but if I talk to them and they throw up their arms and say DUH, I want to go elsewhere [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Jack.

[ April 19, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Turnaround time on your order depends on what batch they're working on at the time. If you order an SL2H when they're building SL2Hs then you stand a good chance of getting one of them, however, if your order for an SL2H got there just after the last SL2H batch was built and shipped, you have to wait for it to come back around again.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OK Newc, I`ll be patient!! I like these guys and don`t want to ruin my Reputation there either, which may happen [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Anyway, I`ll at least ask them about it, but every time I do, they say they have no clue [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X