Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

I've pretty much narrowed down my next guitar to either a RR24 or KV2. I am kinda considering the ESP laiho's but I think they are a little overpriced for what they are. I do like their neck finishes though, does anyone know how the RR24's necks are finished? RR1 is out of the quesion I use all 24 frets. I've played a USA king V before and it was great, but I like the RR shape a little better and defintly want emg's. My main question is how is the quality of the new RR's? I know they are japanese but they seem to have all quality parts and ebony boards just like the USA's. Are the King V's 1000$ better than the Pro series? I've heard USA Jacksons have been slaggin a little now that fender bought them? I NEED top quality fret work as all my guitars have crazy low action. My dk2m is really good in that aspect and thats even cheaper then the RR. I want this guitar to be my #1 for a long time and am really concered with the quality/ price issue.

If you're concerned with quality/price then don't buy anything new. You can get a used KV2 for the price of a new RR24 - it doesn't seem like RR24's are available used just yet. Check

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-King-V-L...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-USA-KV2-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

That lightning sky King V is hot!

Comment

I was defintly thinking that. Most 90% of the time I buy used. I kinda wanted to go the new route with this one, I don't really know why. I kinda thought shopping around trying a bunch untill I find a great brand new USA jackson, or really high end Japanese would just be the way to cool. I was kinda concerned about the quality of the woods and overall build quality between the two models. It's hard to tell I think after an hour in a store, things like that need a couple weeks to find out how good a guitar really is. However if a used king v catches my eye I'll probally snag it, if I don't like it I could always flip and try another one.

Comment

oh and that ghost flames is exactly like the one I played. A guy a played for a short time with in a megadeth tribute band had one, it was just sooooo sick.

Comment

For what it's worth, the Japanese neck-thru Jacksons I have played were all just as good as any USA I've had my hands on. I haven't played the RR24 specifically, but I can't imagine it being any different.

Comment

Although there is always talk about pre-Fender versus post-Fender, the truth of the matter is that Jacksons are generally very good guitars . . . but a few do slip through QC that have problems, just like any brand. In the last couple of years before Fender bought J/C from AMIC, there were certainly some duds. I would have no more worries about buying a new Jackson now than ten years ago. If anything, the Japanese models are likely to be MORE consistent because to my knowledge they are built in the same factory as they always have been. My 2006 DK2M is flawless, but other financial priorities will prevent me from buying any other new guitars for at least the next year. I was impressed enough with the quality to definitely want another.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                If you're concerned with quality/price then don't buy anything new. You can get a used KV2 for the price of a new RR24 - it doesn't seem like RR24's are available used just yet. Check

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-King-V-L...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-USA-KV2-...QQcmdZViewItem
                A used USA is always the better choise.
                If you wanna go for an import, you better check out the RR24.
                I will never buy an LTD again > Just bought an LTD Deluxe and the quality sucks man. Fretwork and all the binding stuff seems that the guitar never passes an quality check.

Comment

From what it sounds like your needs are I'd go with the RR24.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                    A used USA is always the better choise.
                    If you wanna go for an import, you better check out the RR24.
                    I will never buy an LTD again > Just bought an LTD Deluxe and the quality sucks man. Fretwork and all the binding stuff seems that the guitar never passes an quality check.
                    If I would go with the ESP, it would be an actual ESP, I just think the price is to high for a mij one pickup(that I don't even like) guitar. I could get a new King V for the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigsnatcher View Post
                      From what it sounds like your needs are I'd go with the RR24.
                      Anybody know what the deal is exactly with the ones that have the reverse sharkfins and white binding? My local shop has one at a good price, I'm thinking about trading my USA Dean for it. I heard only 175 were made is that true? If so maybe they'll be collectable in the future?

Comment

I highly doubt they will be collectible, but they certainly look better than the "normal" ones with black binding

Comment

I don't think they'll be "collectable" either but certinally unique.

Comment

I guess collectable was a bad word, but maybe worth more than the rest in the future. Probally not but I do like the look of the white binding.

Comment

Working...
                            X