EDS finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDS finishes

When observing trans-finishes, I often notice USA's have more detail or simply look more "quilt-" or "flame-like" than their import counterparts. Is this the same with graphic finishes? And should every guitar be identical - i.e: two imports should be exactly alike or are obvious differences (more or less purple patches on two DK2M's for example)? This will be my first graphic finish Jackson I'm buying.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-17-2007, 11:26 AM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Compare my KE3 with a KE2...

You be the judge.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

I don't know about EDS, but I read that Pile of Skulls graphic had much more detail and was nicer overall on USA Selects than on the MIJ guitars. I think I even read that here.

Comment

Import EDS looks a lot greener. It's very obvious that it's lower quality, imo.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          Import EDS looks a lot greener. It's very obvious that it's lower quality, imo.
          Yep, while the USA focuses on Blue and Purple.

Comment

To answer your question:
            #1. The USA EDS is significantly better-looking and higher-quality.
            #2. No, they shouldn't look exactly the same, there will be tiny variations which you could only notice if you had them side-by-side, and used a ruler.

Comment

I saw the ebay photo for Planet Of Sound and it looked mostly blue, some green, and almost no purple at all, but almost black around the edges. Must be the lighting in the room in which they did the shot.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The only import EDS I've seen, a DK2, looked like a photo finish.

Comment

I had a DK2 EDS body and thought it looked way better than the USA version simply based on level of detail and visibility from a distance (which in my opinion is the whole point of a graphic finish - it's there to wow the viewer, not just for the owner's sake).
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Simply in the nature of using a marbelizing or graining paint, you will have variables controlled by the duration of time the celephane is on the surface. The longer they material is left on the paint, the more definition and less flow out it will have. Also, temperature will control the effect between the two instruments as well. My guess is that both the US and the MIj are using very similar products. Two different applicators will get two different effects.
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I like the import version a lot, but have not seen the USA version in person

Comment

Comment

I've got a KV2 in EDS, and it's perfect. There's an import Rhoads at the local Guitar Center which has on the bottom edge a noticeable (if you're looking for it) fingerprint. Nice to know at least it's not a photo finish.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I prefer my KE-3 EDS to the EDS I've seen in pics of USAs... the USA EDS seems to be a lot darker, less striking.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post

I'm hoping mine turns out like that!
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X