No announcement yet.

? about shapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I don't think U.S. copyright laws apply to companies overseas. Could be wrong though.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
      I think being overseas has something to do with most of them too. From what I understand, companies based outside the USA can easily copy designs without harassment from Gibson, FMIC, etc. I don't think the same laws apply.
      yeah, which is why you see Edwards getting away with the Les Pauls on Ebay, for quite a bit cheaper than what Gibson's prices are

I would like to see Jackson come out with a Les Paul esque design though, maybe do some cuouts on the body for the arm and ribs.

BTW, "Captain Claw" this is BeN5150
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Gibson and Fender are to guitars what Coke and Pepsi are to pop. They are in collusion with each other to keep their profits high and stomp out competition from other builders.

Comment

Copyright laws are good is at least 180 countries. Unfortunately some of the big offenders are asian companies and they don't recognize copyright laws. I believe that trademark laws are what is at stake here, though. Unless they write a song about their headstock shape, it's not gonna do them much good...

Comment

Gibson and Hamer have had an agreement of sorts since the 1970s. The guys at Hamer's original factory were doing repairs on Gibby's for their high profile endorsees back then and the original Hamer prototypes and some of the pre-serial number system guitars even had/have original PAF and other hardware pluck from Gibson's throwaway bins.
            DiMarzio Endorsee
            www.dimarzio.com
            Morley Endorsee
            www.morley.com
            "Intelli-Shred" author
            www.myspace.com/intellishred
            NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
            X