• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, neuroop. 8-10 people... that's... not a lot
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by neuroop View Post
      I went last saturday. The weather sucked (imagine that) because it was raining on and off all day. I got there just after they started playing a DVD about the custom shop and Grover Jackson. I thought there would be 50-100 people. Excluding the people who work at Fullers I think there were about 8-10 other people there. They had the EVH Frankenstein and 5150 III amp out as well.

Grover and Mike Eldred gave some history and talked about all sorts of people including randy rhodes, evh, etc. Then we were able to ask any questions. I asked about lead time in the charvel custom shop and people waiting 22 months for a custom order - they didn't seem very pleased about the question and didn't believe that was from the delay in the custom shop but because customers weren't pulling the trigger on an order.

They mentioned potential new artist series but wouldn't say who. They also talked about their marketing of charvel for the 30-50 year old target audience, whereas the Jackson line is aimed for younger players.

I'm sure I will remember more later but the most interesting parts was the history and stories they told about the early days of the custom shop.
      **************** Thats Funny !! "Not pulling the trigger on an order"??? What about the JCF'r's who paid in FULL UP FRONT??
      Thats a load of crap if i ever heard one! Most pay 1/2 anyway..
      before its even started? Lucky i wasnt there...i would have really
      created a ruckus!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Thanks, neuroop. 8-10 people... that's... not a lot
        Thats about how many Custom Shop customers are left !:ROTF:

Comment

Assholes, thats about the poorest form you can have, blaming a customer for your slow shipping.

My guitar has been COMPLETE for over 6 months. It has nothing to do with me, nothing to do with Matt, its all on THEM.

I haven't paid in full, I paid the required down payment, but that should be enough, it is after all a contract.
          Last edited by Chrisb; 06-23-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neuroop View Post
            Grover and Mike Eldred gave some history and talked about all sorts of people including randy rhodes, evh, etc. Then we were able to ask any questions. I asked about lead time in the charvel custom shop and people waiting 22 months for a custom order - they didn't seem very pleased about the question and didn't believe that was from the delay in the custom shop but because customers weren't pulling the trigger on an order.
            That is not what I took away from it. They really didn't state specifics or blame it on a customer. It seemed that were many issues that could delay orders, some of it being dealer issues, and I felt they did not want to comment on some specific case.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Wasn't there a much larger turnout last year? I wonder why it was so small...
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                That is not what I took away from it. They really didn't state specifics or blame it on a customer. It seemed that were many issues that could delay orders, some of it being dealer issues, and I felt they did not want to comment on some specific case.
                I wasn't there so I can only comment on what I read here. It seems to me they like so many other companies are just making the business decision to not take responsibility for their own incompetence. It's much easier to make excuses and not comment on specific screw ups.

They would get a lot more respect and probably keep more customers if they would just step up and admit there is a problem and say they are working to make it better.

I guess if they don't see a problem, there must not be a problem. I think it would be intersting to see the financial status of J/C for the next few years. I would bet FMIC has already bailed them out few times. A business can only treat customers like shit for so long and then they get smart and leave.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Since you weren't there your comments are pretty far off base. I think Mike Eldred did say that seemed like a long time. They really didn't make an excuse but said there were many factors that can contribute to the delay not all of which were build times.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
                    Since you weren't there your comments are pretty far off base. I think Mike Eldred did say that seemed like a long time. They really didn't make an excuse but said there were many factors that can contribute to the delay not all of which were build times.
                    I didn't comment to start some petty meaningless argument. I just wanted to add my 2 cents based on my own experiences and what I have read on the board. Frankly, I couldn't care less if J/C closed it's doors today.

The only reasons I comment are: 1. They are screwing up a good thing. 2. I feel sorry for the customers that get caught up in their mismanaged operation and the poor quality guitars that come out of their shop.

I don't care what slant anybody takes on this issue. J/C has problems and they don't seem to be owning up to them. I mean 22 months for a custom shop with incorrect specs! No guitar should take 22 months. (Note to J/C: If it takes 22 months to build and ship a guitar, you need more employees). Limited runs that are completely messed up. 13 months for an SL1 that I ordered last year. Their prices and wait times have gone way up and their quality and customer service have gone down. I don't need to attend a clinic speak with Mike Eldred to see that. It is what it is.
                    Last edited by MikeStrat; 06-24-2007, 08:39 AM.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                      Wasn't there a much larger turnout last year? I wonder why it was so small...

No advertising or promotion. I live in Houston and go into Fuller's fairly often and have friends that frequent the store and no one knew about it. I saw the post here once, but I mixed up the date. I thought it was the following weekend. Damn shame because I know several guys that would have gone, myself included.

Comment

There was an add in the Houston Music newpapper thing. I ment to go but forgot all about it till to late in the day.

Comment

I don't what kind of cloak and dagger, double secret probation shit they are referring to by customer & dealer issues holding up a CS order. Whatever....

All I know is that I agree with Mike, these fucks are screwing up a good thing. If they claim their target market base is the 30-50 age group (just about right for the hair metalers) then they should know they are not dealing with pimple face schmucks. This age group, for the most part, have jobs and the disposable income to do whatever it is they want to do guitar-buying wise.

Look, I ordered a CS Charvel last year from Matt. I ordered it (deposit, etc.) no less than 6 months after we all placed the order for the 10 piece Jack N. kick ass trans blue PC1 HRF.
                          I received the guitar 5 months after it was ordered and about 6 months ahead of the PC1.
                          That ladies and gents is one (1) whole friggin year of PC1 WTF is going on CS ass crap.

Their target age group is not going to take some lame ass convoluted, I knew the weapons of mass destruction where there kind of mouth puke.
                          The Jackson crowd will probably swallow the "stories", but at age 40 (right smack in the middle of the 30-50 crowd) I know better.

BTW and for their marketing guys, their target age group while employed and willing to spend cash in order to re-capture their heyday era also know that a Closet Classic single hum Charvel with some graphics is not worth $10K retail and a striped beat to hell, rockstar axe is not worth $25K.

What the have done is so convoluted and production wise so fucked up is amazing.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                            I don't what kind of cloak and dagger, double secret probation shit they are referring to by customer & dealer issues holding up a CS order. Whatever....

All I know is that I agree with Mike, these fucks are screwing up a good thing. If they claim their target market base is the 30-50 age group (just about right for the hair metalers) then they should know they are not dealing with pimple face schmucks. This age group, for the most part, have jobs and the disposable income to do whatever it is they want to do guitar-buying wise.

Look, I ordered a CS Charvel last year from Matt. I ordered it (deposit, etc.) no less than 6 months after we all placed the order for the 10 piece Jack N. kick ass trans blue PC1 HRF.
                            I received the guitar 5 months after it was ordered and about 6 months ahead of the PC1.
                            That ladies and gents is one (1) whole friggin year of PC1 WTF is going on CS ass crap.

Their target age group is not going to take some lame ass convoluted, I knew the weapons of mass destruction where there kind of mouth puke.
                            The Jackson crowd will probably swallow the "stories", but at age 40 (right smack in the middle of the 30-50 crowd) I know better.

BTW and for their marketing guys, their target age group while employed and willing to spend cash in order to re-capture their heyday era also know that a Closet Classic single hum Charvel with some graphics is not worth $10K retail and a striped beat to hell, rockstar axe is not worth $25K.

What the have done is so convoluted and production wise so fucked up is amazing.
                            I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I went back to Fuller's yesterday and had them call their rep who quoted a work time of 12 months for a new order.

Jack Napalm, whatever your interpretation of what they said, do you not agree that they didn't seem to believe that people have been waiting for more than a year for their custom shop Charvel order?

Again, whatever your interpretation they offered no specific explanation for the long delay. I am not convinced they think there is a problem there.

Comment

I went last year. I could have gone this year as I live nearby. I'm on their mailing list and visit quite often, but have never bought a guitar or amp for that matter at Fullers. I received no notification the seminar was to be held. Again, poor marketing.

I didn't go because my questions would have started WW III I didn't want to go and listen to marketing B. S. What, "they" said and "they" were the major players reported about improvements and improved performance did not happen last year. My instruments I received in 2006 and 2007 all had issues and I didn't want to deal with the expected rehearsed responses.

The attendance, I believe represents similar views of the whole JCMI unorganization.

Bitter sounding? Maybe, but I just don't deal with companies that have so many issues across the board.
                                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X