Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demmolition - Phil Demmel's signature guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demmolition - Phil Demmel's signature guitar?

Just wondering if anyone know more details beyond this quote in the back of Guitar World:

"The Custom Shop prototype of new Jackson signature guitar is my favorite piece of gear. It's a red KV-2 with some body cutouts and an unfinished neck."

Here's the orginal thread where JTD first asked about the guitar. Everyone presumed it was a CS one-off. Maybe a USA sig. series guitar?

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ht=phil+demmel

The CS guitar has an EMG-60 in the neck and an 81 in the bridge. In his other guitars he seems to have an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck.

Don't hold you breath.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      Don't hold you breath.
      I wouldn't be in the market for one anyway!

I was more interested if anyone knew the direction Jackson are taking with their endorsers? Phil's a good guy and I like his playing, but I doubt he'll have the pull of, say, Alexi.

That and I was wondering if it will exist, and as he says it's based on a KV2, if anyone knows if it will be MIUSA?

Of course, I realise the MM1 was based on a guitar made in the States and is MIJ.

Comment

I'd buy one if it was production! That's sweet!
        My Main Rig:
        '87 Charvel Model 4A
        Peavey KB100 amp
        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I would love to see him with a RR more than a KV
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I'd buy one if it was production! That's sweet!
            Same here! I need a V guitar.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
              That and I was wondering if it will exist, and as he says it's based on a KV2, if anyone knows if it will be MIUSA?

Of course, I realise the MM1 was based on a guitar made in the States and is MIJ.
              Most likely, if it's released as a signature model, it will probably be MIJ like the MM1 and Kevin Bond Rhoads (so it would be more affordable to the fans).

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Most likely, if it's released as a signature model, it will probably be MIJ like the MM1 and Kevin Bond Rhoads (so it would be more affordable to the fans).
                It'd be quite cool to have a high-end MIJ KV.. with a difference. As they wouldn't have to worry about MoP, it'd fit quite naturally into the import line. Interesting knob layout too...

Incidentally, the EMG information was for you Toejam. I always forget which way round you tell everyone to install their EMGs. I was wondering if Phil does it "your" way?!

Comment

I prefer the 85 in the bridge with either a 60 or 81 in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                    I would love to see him with a RR more than a KV
                    He has them .....as a backup guitar
                    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

We had a topic about this one.. I think it looks like a KV giving birth to another KV haha
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

looks great imo.

Comment

I prefer white KVs...don't like cutouts.

Comment

That looks really good. I like the cut-outs. Matching headstock or logo would be cool.
                            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

A few months ago I remember seeing a bunch of guitars with those cutout barbs on the Jackson site under the custom shop guitar.

Hey there's still a couple there, this one being the sweetest looking to me:
                              http://jacksonguitars.com/customshop/images/56_xl.jpg
                              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X