"JCF guitar of the month"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "JCF guitar of the month"

Been the same green charvel for several months, and before that the other one (red soloist i think) was there for at least 5 or 6 months =)

Let's see some CUSTOM RHOADS up there!!!
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

delt! Haven't seen you post for ages, man. Nice job on the Rhoads!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I have been dreaming for the GOTM and Gallery to come back for a while now...I ask Santa for it every Christmas

Comment

Heya Henrik1, how ya been =D

.... and how's that fernandes rhoads? still playing good, or did you sell it finally?
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]

Comment

"Henrik1" Good to see you back, delt. Missed you!

Yeah, still got the Fernandes. It will be with me forever, I think. ... you know, I've gone through hell and back (modding it) and it came out great, so we have a history, the guitar and me. That means a lot.

We definitely need the GOTM going again. I wonder if there's a lack of people sending guitars in?...
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Tell ya what .. I'll work on it later this week ....
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

That neck joint is to vomit over
              Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
              Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
              Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Actually if Jackson would shave their neck heels down like that on all their bolt-ons it would greatly improve the upper-fret access.
                Not that there's anything wrong with it now, it's just a simple mod that gives more of a smooth, neck-through feel.

As for the GOTM, I don't think your Rhoads will make it. The standing rule is that if it's a Jackson it has to be neck-through to be considered for GOTM. Charvels are the only bolt-ons allowed for GOTM, and they have to be somewhat old-skool in design.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

uh... why? This bolt-on design is as good as any neck-through, it doesn't feel like a bunch of 2x4's nailed together *cough*fender*cough* and the playability in the upper range is awesome, even by neck-through standards.

IMO that's the way every bolt-on should be made. Period. (minus the cutaway, got a bit carried away there )

Comment

Uh, Newc was just "KIDDING"
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i think that bolt on crack, hit the spot nice guitar i've wanted to mod guitars to but i lack the equpiment to do so..............i was thinking about picking me up a dremel with a crap load of attachments
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If I'm doing it then it will probably be a charvel ... hmm .. I just got a nice Mahogany .
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

:ROTF:Lol

Comment

Since the GoM hasn't changed in a while, maybe it should be renamed "guitar of the year"? Hmmmmmm.

Comment

How about we expand it? And by "we" I mean "you Admin guys"

How about Jackson of the Month, Charvel of the Month, Import of the Month, Parts Mutt of the Month (Import and USA categories), NOS San Dimas Charvel Parts Mutt of the Month, Hot Rod Of The Month (modded, import and USA, either Jackson or Charvel categories or include both of them in one), Old Skool Charvel of the Month, Original San Dimas Charvel (or Jackson) of the Month, One From Tracy Jenkins' Collection of the Month, Shipping Victim of the Month, Refin of the Month, Pickup Swap of the Month, Crackhead Deal of the Month, etc etc etc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X